Peanut Butter recommendations

Options
2»

Replies

• 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Natural peanut/nut butters are your best option, they should have no added sugars,salt or unhealthy oils/fats. You will have to stir the peanut butter when you fist buy it because the peanut oil will rise to the top and you will need to keep it stored in the fridge. Right now I use Kraft Natural PB and it's 90 cals per TBSP ( Canada)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    http://www.bellplantation.com/

I also like Jif with Honey, and most of the Peanut Butter & Co. flavors (they have several). I'm sure that the unsweetened are in some way better for you, but they all seem to have the around the same amount of calories (160-190 per 2tbsp), and I personally like my peanut butter sweeter.

The PB2 is good because it's only 45 calories per 2tbsp, but I go for quantity. I have also tried something called Better n' Peanut Butter (Trader Joe's and some grocery stores sell it in the organic section). It's only 100cal per 2tbsp.

I like PB in my smoothies, but hubby and I can't stay out of it, so I don't keep it in the house anymore. I have some Better n' Peanut Butter in the fridge. Not crazy about the taste or the massive ingredient list, but it works in smoothies and I don't have any problem staying out of it.

Still haven't tried PB2 because I'm not thrilled at the thought of having to order 4 jars of something that I might not even like. I finally found someplace near me that sells it by the jar, so I may pick one up to give it a go after the jar of BnPB is gone. PB2 would probably work fine since I would be using it primarily in protein smoothies, and the ingredient list is much shorter!