Good Fruits and Bad fruits.......

Options
2»

Replies

• tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Carbs from fruits and veggies are good for us.

That calorie count seems off, of course.

It's not the "carbs" that is good for us in the fruit and veggies it's the nutrients/fiber it provides....Most are simple sugar. your body can not decipher a fruit's sugar from a candy bar's sugar...it treats it as sugar however, again, the nutrients that fruit provides out weighs the sugar.

Also you can gain weight from eating too much fruit...Just add five bananas to your day (on top of your caloric allotment)...and you'll see what I mean...just like consuming too much of anything. Everything has to be eaten in moderation....
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Honestly, think of the bulk you get for 200 calories. Isn't it better to fill up on 200 calories of grapes (TWO WHOLE CUPS!) than eat roughly 2/3 of a regular sized chocolate bar (~200 cals)?

Which would keep you fuller?

You are much more likely to overeat on chocolate/sweets/bread/etc. than fruit. Fruit is loaded with good vitamins and anti-cancer agents. Don't worry yourself over it!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    no fruit is bad......some have higher calories and natural sugar content but fruit can be so filling and the bulk is awesome, not to mention the fiber, vitamins etc.

I love watermelon I eat 2 cups at time. I make a huge fruit salad (like 5 cups worth) and it only takes me 2 days to finish it. Such a good breakfast or snack. I find granny smith apples to be soooo filling. I like bananas but they are a higher calorie fruit for sure. strawberries are awesome, and my new go to fruit is mango. I use frozen blueberries and raspberries a lot too since they are so expensive right now but once the price drops I'll buy em fresh.

ENJOY!
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Photos-100-Calorie-Servings-Fruit

what 100 cals of fruit looks like
    hope it helps =)
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Photos-100-Calorie-Servings-Fruit

what 100 cals of fruit looks like
    hope it helps =)

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    Another thing to consider about grapes is that for a fruit they are very low in fiber and very high in simple, fast burning sugar. Great for a recovery fruit after working out but because they so high in sugar should be in smaller quantities than other more fibrous, macro nutrient rich fruits.