protein for women?

Options
I work out around 5 times a week, cardio and weights. But i get scared that having a protein shake or a protein bar would only make me gain weight. i view these protein supplements as only for men to use...am i wrong?

Replies

• lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i asked this question the other day and had a few people sort of laughing at me for thinking i would gain weight. well what else would i think when im new to this and considering my boyfriend drink protein shakes and does strength training to gain weight?!

what i meant when asking was is there types with low carbs and stuff so i ended up buying some protein powder with high protein amount but with low carbs and low calories so this is what i would suggest you look for:)
  • lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    also are you in the uk?
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    it wont help you when you do cardio. if you have too much protein you body will store it as fat. if you use it after a weights workout, it can help repair your muscles faster.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    protein is the same for men or women. if you are lifting weights you need more of it. period.

stay away from the "mass gainers" with 1000 calories obviously. those are for people trying to gain. but any normal protein powder or bar with about 150 - 300 cals and 15-30g of protein is awesome...