What to do with my life?

Options
I'm majoring in Exercise and Wellness, but just don't know what to do. I'm considering going to Graduate School to get further education in the area of Sports and Exercise Behavior. I could then teach, or coach, or become a Personal Trainer, or I really want to be a Wellness Coach. I'm so lost! I need to consider salary, but I just don't know what to do exactly.

Replies

• DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm majoring in Exercise and Wellness, but just don't know what to do. I'm considering going to Graduate School to get further education in the area of Sports and Exercise Behavior. I could then teach, or coach, or become a Personal Trainer, or I really want to be a Wellness Coach. I'm so lost! I need to consider salary, but I just don't know what to do exactly.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Do what you love and you will never regret it. Too many times we take jobs that we really don't want just because the money is too good to pass up. I did that for years and then finally realized that I never looked forward to going to work. I quit and started a whole new career in law enforcement and absolutely loved going to work every day. Sure, it was tough at first taking a pay cut but my family and I benefited in ways that no amount of money could have bought. Just my opinion but it seems like we are always striving for that next purchase and we don't appreciate what we have.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Do what you love and you will never regret it. Too many times we take jobs that we really don't want just because the money is too good to pass up. I did that for years and then finally realized that I never looked forward to going to work. I quit and started a whole new career in law enforcement and absolutely loved going to work every day. Sure, it was tough at first taking a pay cut but my family and I benefited in ways that no amount of money could have bought. Just my opinion but it seems like we are always striving for that next purchase and we don't appreciate what we have.

Seconded a thousand percent! If you do what you love, you will be happy on whatever money you're making. If you hate your job, you'll be unhappy no matter what's in the bank.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're well on your way to becoming a Physical Therapist that specializes in sports or a Personal Trainer. There are a number of personal trainers on this site who could probably give you some insight into the job pros and cons. I would bet there are also some Nutritionists and Physical Therapists. You could explore some kind of coaching/teaching position. Choose somethiing you enjoy doing but don't worry, nothing is final. You could turn 40 and decide you want something completely different one day and that's ok too!

Good Luck!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love children, so I'd love to teach Health to little kids. That would make me so happy. Or... to work with adults or teens who are overweight and unhealthy. Help them with the determination to get healthy and fit. To be a counselor and help individuals.