Seriously, WTH?!?!

Options
ShaeDetermined
ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
What is with this new trend of hatred festering forums?

I know everyone on here is trying to be supportive and empathetic, but I really don't think this is the place to air your marital/relationship issues.
I've noticed that everyone on this site is very passionate about taking your side and while that is a great sign of loyalty it can be really detrimental to your relationship. It is important to surround yourself with friends who are positive and true. Increasing the drama and vindicating your feelings may not be the best thing for you.

Men are not pigs. Some are yes. Some women are *kitten*.
Don't generalize and escalate your negative feelings.
Search for the positive. And if you can't find any, maybe it's time to re-evaluate your relationship.

Here's to positivity!

Replies

• TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well said! I've noticed sometimes MFP is like a diary for users. That's just not what it's meant for.
  • BecBe4
    BecBe4 Posts: 20
    Options
    Well said!!!!! This is a positive and supportive site!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Feelin' that raaaage.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't care if people post about it. No one's forcing me to read what are very obviously "venting" threads posted by people who are probably not so grumpy under normal circumstances. Do I think it's better to vent in a more private fashion, especially when the venting is about a spouse? Sure. But to each his own. At least it's mostly done on this board and not the actual diet, fitness, and support boards.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't care if people post about it. No one's forcing me to read what are very obviously "venting" threads posted by people who are probably not so grumpy under normal circumstances. Do I think it's better to vent in a more private fashion, especially when the venting is about a spouse? Sure. But to each his own. At least it's mostly done on this board and not the actual diet, fitness, and support boards.

Ditto.
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    I agree 100% well said.
    What is with this new trend of hatred festering forums?

I know everyone on here is trying to be supportive and empathetic, but I really don't think this is the place to air your marital/relationship issues.
    I've noticed that everyone on this site is very passionate about taking your side and while that is a great sign of loyalty it can be really detrimental to your relationship. It is important to surround yourself with friends who are positive and true. Increasing the drama and vindicating your feelings may not be the best thing for you.

Men are not pigs. Some are yes. Some women are *kitten*.
    Don't generalize and escalate your negative feelings.
    Search for the positive. And if you can't find any, maybe it's time to re-evaluate your relationship.

Here's to positivity!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Ditto.