DETOX & CLEANSE

Options
elle2bee
elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
Just need opinions on what you think a good detox would be. I know they come in all kinds of forms and brands. Pills, liquids, raw....etc...

I would like to know one that will do a throurough cleanse with out me commiting to several weeks. I guess the quickest detox & cleanse that works best and fast in your opinion.

Thanks

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    eat healthy food , and drink lots of water!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    As long as you're getting enough fiber and water, that's all the "cleansing" your body needs. Your kidneys, liver and digestive system are designed to handle all that. No need to waste your money... If you really want to do something to give yourself a push, then just eat VERY clean for a week - no processed food, stick to lots of veggies, fruit, nuts, lean protein, healthy fats, whole grains (as unprocessed as possible - barley, oats, wild rice, etc.) or alternatives like quinoa (which are technically seeds).
  • mvsundberg
    Options
    A week of nothing but veggies and water! No dairy, no meats, no grains, no sugar, no alcohol. This will flush all the gunk out and it's doable! :)
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I use Shakeology for a 3 day cleanse. You drink 3 shakes a day, 2 glasses of green tea and a salad w/4 oz of chicken or fish for dinner. I've lost as much as 6 pounds in the 3 days doing it and because the shakes are a good source of protein I stay full. Let me know if your interested in more info.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I would recommend eating raw and superfoods, as well as smoothies wtih flax/spirulina blended in. You want to eat the simplest and purest things!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    eat healthy food , and drink lots of water!

Agreed. Also maybe some ground flax if you're trying to get things "moving" if you know what i mean. Make sure you're getting at least 25g of fiber and LOTS of water.
  • skinnyfabulous
    Options
    You could do a detox intermittent fast!!! it's highly recommended by doctors and it's proved that helps you to get rid of toxines, water weight and plateu (if you're in one)
    I usually do a detoz fasy 1 day per week.... in that day I only eat raw fruits and veggies, and drink lots of tea and water.... its awesome... you feel great and much more enegized during the week :)

SW: 310 lb
    CW: 265 lb
    Total weight lost: 45lb
  • hkowal
    hkowal Posts: 1
    Options
    Advocare has a really good cleanse...and it's healthy!
  • Jo_Bird
    Jo_Bird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For me it really was water. Never cared for water until about 7 months ago. I decided I would drink atleast 64oz. a day for a month and see how I felt. (I would drink usually 100oz) After a few days I stepped on the scale and was 8 lbs heavier!!! I told myself I would stick to it and well a week later those 8lbs were gone plus an extra 5!!! After, about a month my skin was clearing up and I just felt good. If you're looking for a quick cleanse that doesn't take weeks the only thing I can think of is an enema or the 2 day fast formula from beach body. I haven't tried either though personally. Good luck and let us know what you decide on and if it works. :)
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Expecting the best results and not being willing to commit the time are contradictory.
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have done Master Cleanse - Lemonade diet and lost 13lb in 14 days.
    Drinking sea salt water was awful, but it's good to flush it away~

http://healthandlight.com/mastercleanse.htm
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Healthful, whole foods rich in fiber and lots of water are the best detox/cleanse items you can get. Try to avoid prepackaged, factory-prepared foods. After a few weeks, you'll notice a difference in your skin tone, energy level, and even body odor.

No need to buy anything special to detox!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Healthful, whole foods rich in fiber and lots of water are the best detox/cleanse items you can get. Try to avoid prepackaged, factory-prepared foods. After a few weeks, you'll notice a difference in your skin tone, energy level, and even body odor.

No need to buy anything special to detox!

THIS!!!
  • teawithtennyson
    Options
    It really is that beautifully simple...Beware quick weight loss "options" - that weight generally comes right back and brings some friends along for the ride (i.e. - extra pounds). I recommend walking too!
  • tsmith6569
    tsmith6569 Posts: 63
    Options
    good information!
  • elle2bee
    Options
    Yes brettkeogh you are correct, but I was not asking for the best detox in general. I was asking for opinions on the best detox in a short period of time. My questions was specific, but thanks for your reply.
  • elle2bee
    Options
    It really is that beautifully simple...Beware quick weight loss "options" - that weight generally comes right back and brings some friends along for the ride (i.e. - extra pounds). I recommend walking too!

I'm looking for more of a cleanse versus weight loss. Looks like going natural seem to be better. Of course.
  • elle2bee
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm getting a lot of good advice out here. :o)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I used Get Clean Tea or Detox Tea (iherb.com) I drink it every night (or try to) for 2 straight weeks every 3 months.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I hear if you eat an entire container of Metamucil and a drink a gallon of water, you'll get a good colon cleanse.