Anyone used epsom salt for constipation??

Options
If you have, how did you get past the taste!? OMG, it is horrible!
Suggestions, please!!!

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I find that since I've added ground flax (2-4T) a day to my diet everything is working out very well in that dept. Epsom salts sound horrid.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i added lemon juice & used hot water & imagined it as really salty tea. it gave me a little diarrhea & didn't clean me out, i was still constipated & had to buy a laxative.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Try one really fatty meal instead....that always seems to help for me....couple that was some extra water and some mineral oil and they'll be slipping right out *GROSS* lol
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    Options
    From looking at your food diary, you're not eating enough fiber. Increasing fiber and drinking water should keep things moving.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    if you are really constipated... magnesium citrate will unstop you... but make sure you are near a bathroom and not going anywhere for about 4 hours... I used it one time before I started eating right and it did the job..
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I tried it and couldn't get past the taste. It was just awful. I used these Super Cleanse pills from The Vitamin Shoppe. They are great! I only take them every once in a while because they are so effective.
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Flax seeds or flax seed oil - works EVERY time, lol!
    Easy to eat too.....
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Dried apricots works every time ... and they taste quite nice too! Don't eat too many tho and make sure you aren't going out lol :smile:
  • Bigmomma0u812
    Options
    Prune juice can sometimes be a wonderful thing. After having surgery years ago I had some problems and boy did the prune juice work them out. It's cheap too. My mother used to use epsom salt to relax her feet. I sure wouldn't want to drink it.

Good luck!
  • wepst324
    wepst324 Posts: 9
    Options
    Ooo that sounds bad. Try some Metamucil or that Asian Diet Tea (but diluted).
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Added some lemon juice, helped enough to get it down.
    Normally thing "move" along just fine, but this week-end I was off my game as far as my diet, and don'y feel like waiting to long for thing to "get going" again.
  • gregorybrowning3
    Options
    Carter's Little Pills, OMG. Don't leave the house. :)