Pride, Peanut Butter and other inner demons.

Options
2»

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Thanks for sharng you're thoughts on the one Jeanne. The words warm the heart and its wonderful to think that none of us are alone in these struggles. Needed to purge the demons before it hit the field again. You make sure you stay with us on the black team thread. Shy or not. Your one of us now. =)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Andrew....

Thank you so much for this. I had lost 87 lbs and my eating habits have taken a turn for the worse. I have never given up on the work outs. I guess that is because I am in the habit of waking up early and have nothing to do but go to the gym or walk the dogs.

But the eating...oh the eating.... there is not enough exercise in the world to make up for bad eating. I, too, am standing in the "Gained It Back" room as Jeanne says.

This past Saturday I went to a Health and Wellness show. Richard Simmons was there, as was Patrick House from The Biggest Loser. He has kept most of the weight off and still looks great. I shook his hand and had my picture taken with him. Then, the most fortunate thing happened to me. I was sitting down watching my husband spin his heart out at a spinning demo. There was a gentleman sitting near me, having some quiet time but I recognized him as Robert Kennedy. He is the publisher of Oxygen magazine, MuscleMag and some other fitness magazines. His wife is Tosca Reno (advocate of clean eating and author of many books). He had the coolest shoes on, so I used that as a way to strike up a conversation. ( They were Prada and way out of my price league, but they looked good) . I spent about 15 minutes talking with this man. He told me about his and Tosca's work out routines, how she eats clean 100% of the time and all kinds of other things. Tosca Reno used to be 80 lbs heavier and he told me she was afraid of ever going back there.

I clued in then.... I am missing the fear. I should be afraid of weighing 340lbs again. I should be afraid of the health risks and the pain. I should be afraid of not fitting in an airline seat and I should be afraid of not loving myself.

I am pleased to say that my eating habits have improved. They are not perfect yet but it took me time to perfect them and it took me time to lose them. I am finding them one by one. And one day, I will be back on top of my game totally.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have always respected you here on these threads and continue to do so. You have shown me, by your post, what a remarkable man you are. I wish you every success in finding the smaller Andrew inside.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    :heart: you Batman !!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Andrew....

Thank you so much for this. I had lost 87 lbs and my eating habits have taken a turn for the worse. I have never given up on the work outs. I guess that is because I am in the habit of waking up early and have nothing to do but go to the gym or walk the dogs.

But the eating...oh the eating.... there is not enough exercise in the world to make up for bad eating. I, too, am standing in the "Gained It Back" room as Jeanne says.

This past Saturday I went to a Health and Wellness show. Richard Simmons was there, as was Patrick House from The Biggest Loser. He has kept most of the weight off and still looks great. I shook his hand and had my picture taken with him. Then, the most fortunate thing happened to me. I was sitting down watching my husband spin his heart out at a spinning demo. There was a gentleman sitting near me, having some quiet time but I recognized him as Robert Kennedy. He is the publisher of Oxygen magazine, MuscleMag and some other fitness magazines. His wife is Tosca Reno (advocate of clean eating and author of many books). He had the coolest shoes on, so I used that as a way to strike up a conversation. ( They were Prada and way out of my price league, but they looked good) . I spent about 15 minutes talking with this man. He told me about his and Tosca's work out routines, how she eats clean 100% of the time and all kinds of other things. Tosca Reno used to be 80 lbs heavier and he told me she was afraid of ever going back there.

I clued in then.... I am missing the fear. I should be afraid of weighing 340lbs again. I should be afraid of the health risks and the pain. I should be afraid of not fitting in an airline seat and I should be afraid of not loving myself.

I am pleased to say that my eating habits have improved. They are not perfect yet but it took me time to perfect them and it took me time to lose them. I am finding them one by one. And one day, I will be back on top of my game totally.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have always respected you here on these threads and continue to do so. You have shown me, by your post, what a remarkable man you are. I wish you every success in finding the smaller Andrew inside.
    Vicky,
    Thanks you so much for sharing that story. Believe me. The respect is mutual. Perspective is gained through experience and I think we both have alot of new perspective that we may not have had the first time around. Its no longer a mad rush to get to a goal for me. It is a day by day change in my lifestyle that will make me the man I want to be. And its OK if it takes 3 months or a year because this is the way I will be forever. Much more at peace this time around and progressing nicely.
    Thanks again for your amazing story. I'll see you around the boards. =)