Here I am!

Options
Hello everyone!
This is my first day here. My seven year old gave me a reality check last night and told me I need to lose weight. I was hurt at first but he's so right. So, here I am! I'm already very good about working out, but I'm pretty awful at tracking calories. Any suggestions?:smile:

Replies

• symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It takes a little while to get used to tracking calories if you have no experience with it. Your measuring cups will become an important tool though. Once you start doing it regularly it'll just come natural to you!
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The first step is a great start!!! Good that your no stranget to working out...Once you get use to tracking calories its so easy!! Yes, make sure you have measuring cups for sure. Tracking calories on here is so easy! Just pay attention to the serving size, but all you got to do is log your food everyday and its so easy to follow!!! Good luck with it!!!
  • erylie
    erylie Posts: 34
    Options
    Good for you! I started a week ago, and I'm loving it! The nice thing about MFP is that almost anything I eat is already in the list. All you have to do it search and click... and, yes, have measuring cups at your disposal. Good luck! :-)
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree with symphonika - u do get used to it. I found it hardto begin with but it did show me my portion sizes were way too big for me - I was eating as much as my hubby so no wonder I had put on weight!! I have also found the phone app really handy to add stuff on the go!! Would recommend that as a tool if u have an iPhone, android or blackberry. Good luck with ur weightloss journey - add me if u would like any motivational help!! ;0)