Options
Okay... so I just hit something on my laptop that made my screen jump and I'm not sure if what I had written before got posted or just disappeared into cyberspace... so if I've accidentally posted twice, mea culpa.

If not, well... then hi! My name is Kris and this is my first time on a site like MFP. I signed up maybe half an hour ago feeling a bit hopeless and desperate. Filling out my profile and writing my first blog entry actually made me feel better. I guess there is something to the idea of getting it on paper, even if it's not a particularly happy thing (to be writing about my weight and how I got here, I mean). I felt like, there, at least it's out in the open (kind of like X-files, right? The truth is out there).

Plus, because I'm sitting here thinking about fitness and healthy eating, I actually made myself a proper breakfast. First time in weeks that I've eaten before 11 in the morning (seriously).

So, there. It's working already ;)

p.s. I don't know anyone on the site and I don't really have friends that I would feel comfortable inviting here, so I would be delighted to meet some people that can help cheer me on and who I can help cheer on!

Replies

• mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi!
    First off - welcome!
    This site is my favourite and here are my reasons why.
    1. If you don't exercise you can still feel good about your calorie intake. You can still lose!
    2. When you do exercise it feels like a reward.
    3. The community is so supportive and full of information and inspiration.
    4. I have found it enormously helpful in gauging my food intake. I did not realize before that I ate SO MUCH! It is a great great way to keep track. At first it was hard because I had none of my regular foods added but after a few weeks you pretty much repeat your food and it is so easy!
    5. Once you lose the weight you want to, you can focus on being toned and getting stronger and this site can help you maintain so you don't creep back up to your previous weight.

I would really recommend buying a cheap small digital kitchen scale. It helps keep things accurate if you measure things - like grams of cereal, potatos, etc.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!! Hope you enjoy it!!
  • crisiskris
    Options
    Hi mizfrankie,

Thank you for the little list of reasons to use this site - I am sold ;) It's not even been a day and just knowing that I am keeping track and paying attention makes me want to do better. Thanks for your comment, it's nice to be welcomed!

Kris
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm here to support and motivate you on your weight loss journey!! Would love to be MFP friends!! I have sent you a friend request!
  • jonco
    jonco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too. For me, the tracking helps keep me honest with myself. I'll plan my day into my tracker ahead of time and if those numbers go red, I make adjustments. So far so good anyway!

Feel free to add me if you like. The more the better. Good luck!