Kicking the junk food habit

Options
I will always be the first to admit, I LOVE junk food. And it's extremely hard for me to not give into the grocery store line lined with candy. I am a person who eats all day long so I am constantly hungry. Any foods you can suggest (minus fruits-I already keep my house fully stocked :) ) that will help with my junkie cravings but still be good for me? Calories are not an issue here, as I need a lot of them through out the day. It's more of the unhealthy value of all these foods, the bad calories, the bad fat/sugars....

Replies

• staceyschley
    Options
    If I want salty-Nuts (I specifically like Blue Diamond b/c they have flavors) or Popcorn
    If i want sweet-I like Banana Babies in Dark Chocolate. Its a half banana dipped in dark chocolate frozen on a stick...Heaven. Or you could always make your own. Strawberries dipped into some chocolate.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    My saving graces are protein. Bang for the low calorie buck because it curbs my hunger.

Tuna with a lil bit of mayo and healthy bit of spicy dijon mustard or a hard boiled egg. Stuff I would have NEVER chosen before this site has helped me immeasurably..
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    How about Asto Original 0% Plain Yogurt? I put one packet of zero calorie sweetener in it and it tastes like whipped cream. :drinker:
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    Turkey pepperoni, string cheese, and fruit are some of my faves!