I lasted 5 days then ruined it !

Options
well over the weekend i gave in to the diet and ate too much and drunk alot of alcohol! i also caved in today and had 2 chocolaty snacks. But im still 230 calories under my 1200 limit so maybe ill be okay???

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The weekend happened, nothing you can do about it now. Today is a new day.
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Don't say you ruined it - just start fresh RIGHT NOW! That's my motto!
  • Tules13
    Tules13 Posts: 16
    Options
    weekends are the worst for my husband and myself as well... just get back on the wagon so to speak today!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Nothing is ruined! You can't have an all or nothing attitude. Dust yourself off, eat lean protein and lots of veggies for the rest of the day and push the water. Chin up, we all have bad days, just don't let it turn into a bad week or month. You can do this!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You didn't ruin it, you took a break. Now you're back and ready to regroup. If you don't have enough calories left, go to the gym and earn some more. No reason to starve or deny treats, just "earn" the calories you want.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    meh, dont worry.... these things happen.

A new Day = new opportunities to do things differently
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    Use it as a learning opportunity. Figure out some strategies to use next time, or how to make better choices. Maybe pack healthy snack bars so you aren't starving and have to eat fast food? i had bbqs this weekend and I always brought a large salad for a side, knowing I would have at least one healthy option there. Just get back on it!
  • lanie25
    lanie25 Posts: 42
    Options
    Not really. There are good calories and bad. Bad do nothing for your health. Good does.

However, it happens. Just start fresh and don't backslide!
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    Has anyone cut down their calories to below 1200??
  • kimbernic
    kimbernic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You have to look at your overall progress. For every day that you are “good” you are saving yourself calories and working hard to be healthy. Everyone slips up here and there along the way. As long as you don’t eat like that often it will be fine. Don't let it derail the progress you are making. :-)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    are you exercising? gives you more calories to play with.
  • hroush
    Options

Some do, but don't, it's just not a good idea as it can very detrimental to you in the long run (muscle loss, screw up your metabolism, health risks, etc.).
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just start fresh today :)
  • cpauscher
    cpauscher Posts: 41
    Options
    My thought on this is that each day is a fresh start. You blew it for a couple of days, but today is a new day. Today is the day you get back on track and realize that you are human and will have those days. Just don't beat yourself up about it. Start thinking about why you decided to eat and drink that way. Is it what you havedone in the past and it feels natural? Was there some stress that you needed to relieve? Did you just crave it? There are a lot of reasons that we fall off of the wagon and getting to know yourself helps to figure out what the cause was and also how you can plan for it and avoid the cause or at least realize that it will happen and be prepared. Personally, we need to indulge ourselves sometimes or we feel deprived. I had a cinnamon roll today, just because it sounded good. When we have small portions of what we crave we won't need to overindulge later. Keep up the good work. you're going to make your goal.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same weekend :(
    only eating salads for lunch this week and back to the gym tonight though! dont let bad days discourage you. we all cheat sometimes! You can't change the past but you can always burn those extra calories the next day :)
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I had a big meal last night and the scale was up a bit this morning, but it happens! You can't truly gain weight over night. Just watch it the next few days and drink extra water. You'll be fine in no time!
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    yeah, im very impatient.. if i dont see changes straight away then i lose heart and give up :(
  • hroush
    Options
    yeah, im very impatient.. if i dont see changes straight away then i lose heart and give up :(

You may find taking body measurements helpful as they will give a better indication of progress better than a scale. A favorite quote on here, you didn't gain it in a day, you won't lose it in a day.
  • kaymayscool
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon now and then. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options

1200 calories a day is the generally accepted minimum to get proper nutrition. You'll find, as crazy as it sounds, that eating at that level will get you further than consuming less calories.

Try to look at this as a healthy lifestyle - not a diet. Making healthy food choices and exercising are something you can, and should, do for the rest of your life.

Good luck!