Trigger Point!

Options
Ok ...so I noticed that when I get mad at my husband or we are fighting that I want to eat junk. I don't know if it because its my way of trying to hurt him or what. I know that by eating junk I'm only hurting myself in the long run... I could really use some advice on this issue. Thanks MyFitnessPals! :explode:

Replies

• trosenau
    trosenau Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok ...so I noticed that when I get mad at my husband or we are fighting that I want to eat junk. I don't know if it because its my way of trying to hurt him or what. I know that by eating junk I'm only hurting myself in the long run... I could really use some advice on this issue. Thanks MyFitnessPals! :explode:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating with emotions try to think you're eating to support your body, and you want it there and healthy for a long time.

If you're mad or upset go for a jog/walk/run/whatever! It really helps get emotions out.
  • lassgirl
    Options
    I learned something in college that has stuck with me for a long time and that was you cannot break a bad habbit, you can only replace them. It has helped me succeed in some things that I would not have otherwise. Eating is something you do when you are angry, a habit that you have. The trick is to replace it with another habit that is better for you. I can't say what will work for you, only you have the answer to that. Some idea's off the top of my head are a punching bag (a real one, not your hubby! =P) ...some loud and fast music and some privacy for dancing, or journaling is a good way to vent frustration. Livejournal has free accounts, that's what I use and you can set them to private so that no one else can ever access it. It's a great place to vent with no worry of anyone finding out the mean things we all can think and say when we are angry. Hope this helps some.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I second the journal and exercise ideas!

I was less than pleased with my boyfriend today and decided to take it out at the gym. I had a great workout and feel good for accomplishing something. It also felt good to get away from him for an hour this evening (an added bonus).

I have a long history of binge eatting and think that getting some professional help with therapy was a big part of learning to deal with stuff in other ways than by using food. My problem was probably a little more severe than most people's, but I have been able to maintain my weight for several years (instead of gaining, like I did in the past!). It is worth considering if you think that might be something for you.
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    man i was the same way
    when i was sad or upset with hubby or even missing him
    id go to mcdonalds and get a large number 1 with meat and cheese only with a diet coke
    and a small fry (ALL FOR MY SELF) and stop at the store and get a PINT of ben and jerrys
    :noway: :noway: :noway: