Need help getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight ...

tdsmith14
tdsmith14 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, I am a mom of three. My youngest is 6 months. I've been working out everyday for the most part and watch what I eat. But have only lost a few pounds over a course of a few months (about 3). I started a new workout video about a month and a half ago. Does anyone have any advice, suggestions or ideas of what you did or I can do to speed up my weight loss goal?

Replies

• tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    I'd check the quality of the foods you're eating. Try to eat as little processed food as possible and you will naturally cut back on sodium and sugar levels. Obviously water is a big one, too.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Are you nursing? Sometimes your body will hold on to fat because you need it for milk production. Some ladies benefit from breastfeeding with weight loss --- I was not one of those. My body held on to the pounds.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Are you breastfeeding? If so, are you eating extra calories to support that? I was successful at getting to my pre-child weight while breastfeeding my last child. Friend me if you want.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    I guess I cheated or was lucky, breastfeeding did lots of it especially as a single mum I had no one to fetch and carry for me so missed a few meals hmmm not good but I'm a runner and ran until 5 months getting back into it 3 months after birth, in 6 months I lost all but the stuborn last 8lbs though I've more muscle now then before and less time to run distance.

Walking is fab great way to burn the cals and keep the kids fit and healthy, mix up your exercise no less then every six weeks to keep challenging your body and shaking things up as it soon adapts to what you are doing and reduces the effect. I've a treadmill at home, run out doors, walk lots and have just discovered biggest loser usa on the WII which is a killer and I consider myself to be fit and it kills me! I also have a personal trainer at the gym once a week just for alround and form guidance to reduce the chance of injury.

hmmmm I''m addicted to exercise I should have started with!

Good luck x
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    I agree with vsetter. If your nursing the weight may stay on til you quit. My Dr. says it's hormones. I'm in the same boat. Really trying to get my body back after baby #5. Add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I was back to prepreg weight and clothes at 4 mos postpartum and breastfeeding-but my supply has dropped. I started out with some walking on treadmill then went and pushed myself with 30 day shred. That's where I really started to tone and lose was w/ that dvd. U can friend me if u want-my youngest is 5 mos and also have 2 other kiddos:-)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Hi :) I'm also a mom of 3 kiddos....twin girls that are almost 6 months old and my son who is 2. I definitely understand that life can be hectic, how many calories are you eating daily? Water? also what types of excercises. I've been forunate enough to lose most of my weight so far and I usually workout 6 days a week with jogging, walking, dancing...I try to do intervals so its not always the same thing. I usually eat around 1100-1400 calories throughout the week which I always try to eat some veggies and fruits to snack on. Plus I'm drinking 10 glasses of water daily or more...I hope that sort of helps. Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • Sounds like a lot of us are in similar situation. I had my 3rd child 4 months ago, and I'm working on the last few pounds to get to pre-pregnancy weight as well. I agree with above comments re: nursing. Your body may be holding onto a few pounds to support milk production. I found that I easily lost about 5 lbs once I stopped nursing my 2 older children. I'm not ready to wean yet though, so I know I just need to be patient and continue to eat and exercise at a healthy pace.

What kind of workouts are you doing? Are you doing at least 2-3 sessions of weight training per week? Adding muscle will help you burn calories more efficiently, even when you're not exercsising. Cardio is also obviously important, but don't forget to build muscle. In that case, as you're building muscle, you may not see drastic changes in your overall weight since the muscle weight replaces fat. But you should see some changes in your tone and your clothes should fit better.

Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.