Rant about work!

Options
Well I just got my raise at work and it was $0.36. That's suck. I do and deal with to much for that small of a raise. I've been their for 3 yrs and had 4 raise of $1. I wish I could tell them give me a $1 raise or I quit but their are no jobs anywhere. 1200 jobs where cut in the last 6 months around here and they know it and use it to their advantage. :mad: Sorry but I'm so mad at them and had to let it out.

Replies

• casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well I just got my raise at work and it was $0.36. That's suck. I do and deal with to much for that small of a raise. I've been their for 3 yrs and had 4 raise of $1. I wish I could tell them give me a $1 raise or I quit but their are no jobs anywhere. 1200 jobs where cut in the last 6 months around here and they know it and use it to their advantage. :mad: Sorry but I'm so mad at them and had to let it out.
  • lassgirl
    Options
    That does suck. Maybe look for another job now while you still have that one? If you find one, then you can tell them what you thought of that raise. Though waiting till you have another job is always the best bet! Then you can really tell them what you think.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    In my experience it is better not to burn your bridges. I have gone back to just about every old job I have ever had to work part time or for the season.

I learned my lesson the hard way.There was one job I really wanted and there was a waitress from this breakfast place I worked who yelled out as I left the application with the manager....over my DEAD body!

So you never know who is working there that will be the manager of a job you really want in the future.

The economy sux, and 36 cents and hour is an insult...Just stick with it, look for another job and leave on good terms. But make sure they know you have left for more money!!