Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge check-in December 31

We woke up to almost 8 inches of new snow so I got in 60 minutes of shovelling & did Turbo Jam cardio party. Happy New Year all!

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    We woke up to almost 8 inches of new snow so I got in 60 minutes of shovelling & did Turbo Jam cardio party. Happy New Year all!
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    You are so lucky to get snow we only get rain and slush.

Anyway

45 mins brisk walk pushing pram
    45 core fitness DVD

healthy lunch

Just finished 40 mins elliptical trainer at slightly higher intensity than usual.

Having chinese banquet tonight with all my family I am driving though so I will save a few calories that way.

Tomorrow I start my diet properly (I have roped my husband in for support he's one of these people that never put on weight but he loves chinese food so he has agreed that till I reach my goal he won't get chinese takaway bit of an incentive for him to help me keep on the straight and narrow)

Feeling very positive 2008 is going to be the year I get the body I want.

Happy New Year to everyone.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I'm back from vacation!

Wonderful news! Didn't gain a single ounce! So tempted to go one more day without dieting... I have exercised every single day though.

Yesterday did 3.5 mile walk at a fast pace & uphill.

Happy New Year to everyone - waiting to see how many people join this week...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    today:

30 minute weight training
    30 minutes dancing

and 75 minutes of housework (248 calories! makes the vacuuming worth it)

Happy New Year!!!:drinker:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Took my German Shephard for a walk-she walked me
    1 hour swimming and 30 minutes weights.:happy:
  • :flowerforyou: Can I ask,as an absolutely new person what is this challenge? BTW we got snow today too and I say enough's enough.It's pretty,it's winter wonderland.Let's call it good!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    just checking in. 25 mins on the treadmill this morning and 30 on the stationary bike, easy level. that puts me at 500 calories burned, not counting the walking at work, general housework, like dishes and food prep. yipee. now, if I burn 500 calories a day extra, that is 1 pound for each week, if I keep the calories at the 1200. my chart ADDS calories I can have from working out. how can I make that stop? when I do my food diary its added in and if I am not careful I am going to eat more than the 1200. I only want the 1200 ...I need to burn or eat less to total a 1000 a day deficit to keep at the 2 a week loss mark. any suggestions? the stationary bike is the only think I have that burns any real calories for time used. thanks. BTW HOW are you guys finding all this time to workout? I am already getting up an hour early.:yawn: and can barely carve out 30 mins when I get all my other stuff done.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    This is a challenge where a group of us report our exercise every day. We state a goal of what we want to consistently do between now and a date (now Valentine's Day), and then get to doing it!

Some people also set a weight loss goal.

A new thread is started every day.
    :flowerforyou:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    the only thing that i have done is worked!!!!!
    i believe it counts to point
  • I only posted my weight. I wasn't ready to commit to working out yet...... any way 35 min. walk, brisk pace.....25 min. strenght training upper body.....