Body Pump

NewMK08
NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone ever done a Body Pump class at their gym?

Basically it's an hour of total body weights done to fast pace music. I just got back from a class, and I had fun, and I will probably be sore tomorrow, but I don't think I got such a great workout. I love to come home from a workout dripping sweat, and I barely broke one in this class. It's said that up to 600 calories can be burned during one class, but I'm not seeing it. What are your thoughts on body pump, or weights in general? And do you think I still got a good workout even though I didn't sweat so much?

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Has anyone ever done a Body Pump class at their gym?

Basically it's an hour of total body weights done to fast pace music. I just got back from a class, and I had fun, and I will probably be sore tomorrow, but I don't think I got such a great workout. I love to come home from a workout dripping sweat, and I barely broke one in this class. It's said that up to 600 calories can be burned during one class, but I'm not seeing it. What are your thoughts on body pump, or weights in general? And do you think I still got a good workout even though I didn't sweat so much?
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Believe it or not... you burn more calories weight lifting than cardio most of the time! It's definitely possible. :happy:
  • i took bodypump at golds...and i loved it! it killed my shoulders though haha
    i really love body combat and body flow! :smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I've done body pump before. It really shouldn't be considered resistance training. The weights are too light and you do far too many reps, and it's aerobic in nature. It's great for muscular endurance and burning calories, but it's not going to to do much in the way of increasing strength or bone density. I only use it to deplete glycogen before a cheat meal.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I do body pump and I wear a HRM. The most I have ever burned was 400 calories and that was the first time I did the class. Usually it is around 350 cals for the hour. I think you really have to be killing yourself to burn 600 in the hour. I prefer the class for strength training than doing the circuits so I go at least three times a week, but I do lots of cardio on top of that.
  • Body Pump is really fun...good workout if you push yourself....BODY COMBAT>>>AWWWWWSOME!!!!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    I am with you its okay for 2 to 3 times a week but I prefer cardio. It usually does not burn as many calories unless its mixed with cardio. An at home tape Jari love ripped 1000.

Alisha
This discussion has been closed.