"Diet" foods that you avoid

Options
2»

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    All of them. The only "diet" foods I buy are low skim cheeses, reduced fat or light sour cream and butter substitute. Not sure if this counts, but I try to buy the lower fat versions of ground turkey & ground beef... at least 80/20 or higher.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I save any ice cream for days that I need something sweet. I used to use 100 cal paks, but I'm still hungry afterwards, so I started bring celery and a choice of cream cheese or pb to work. Plus oatmeal bars or something too.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I agree with everyone here and am overwhelmed with joy that everyone agrees: just because it says low-carb, low-fat or sugar free does not mean it's good for you. In fact, it pushes the limit of being actual "food". If you like skinny cow, try frozen yogurt and some newman's organic cookies! You can have what you want, you just have to be creative :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I just viewed a slideshow this morning with a list of "diet" foods that aren't really very healthy:

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/eat-better-live-healthier/everyday-nutrition/50-seemingly-healthy-foods-that-are-bad-

Wow, what DOESN'T that list tell you not to eat?? I definitely eat some items on there, and the reason most of them are bad was sugar content. I've never really paid attention to sugar counts at all and I've still managed to lose 68 lbs. And those foods aren't bad for you in moderation, as are all foods. I like granola bars and protein bars and smoothies, but I'm picky about which ones I buy or I make them for myself (like smoothies). It's all about balance, if you let yourself only eat fruit, veggies and chicken breast, you'll go crazy and you won't really lose weight doing that. I got stuck in a plateau, I ended up eating less sodium and having a protein shake instead of dinner, and I'm losing again.