*sigh*

Options
I started with myfitnesspal.com two weeks ago....since then I have lost 4 pounds, which right on track with my 2lb/week goal. It just seems like soooo much hard work and sacrifice for so few pounds.......I'm trying really hard to stay focused and not throw in the towel. I just wish I could see more instant results. *sigh*

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't you dare you are on the right track! If you lose weight slowly just by watching a few things, just think where you will be in a year. Remember make it a lifestyle and not just a diet. Slow and Steady is forever.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    It's not "just for a few pounds"! It's for a healthier life!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Just keep telling yourself that it took a long time to put the weight on so it takes the same amount of time to take it off. Just keep your head up and stay on track. And drink extra water because with me that helps immensley with my weight loss.

If you want you can add me as a friend on here, I love being a motivator :)
  • sbourassa18
    Options
    The slower it comes off, the more likely it is to stay off!
  • italiansweetheart
    italiansweetheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    don't give up..you can do it..try just looking at getting 5lbs off at a time.. then 5lbs and so on, its been working for me and this sight is great for support
  • DaveMitchell
    Options
    That's great! I reached 4 weeks today and have lost 6.4 pounds. I aimed for 1 lb./week. Your plan seems rather aggressive. Hang in there!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    There is no such animal as 'instant results" when getting fit. Hang in there, you are doing great.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I love the show Biggest Loser. I watch it every time it's on... but there is one downside to the show. It gives people the false impression they can lose a huge amount of weight in one week's time as long as they cut calories and exercise 6 hours a day. This is a ridiculous achievement for regular people like you and me. As long as you take it one day at a time, follow the MFP plan as closely as you can, eat healthier than you have been eating in the past, get a little more exercise in than you did before... and you will win this battle! No, it won't happen overnight. It will take time because it is a process in re-learning everything you have known up until now. Stick with it!!! If I had given up each time it got hard to do... I wouldn't be less than 3 pounds from my goal today. Never give up!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    It's way better than gaining 4 pounds in 2 weeks. Don't give up, be dedicated. We've been so accustomed to not trying and not sticking to things. We want everything instantly. This isn't instant and if it is, it won't last. You're alright! Congrats on the 4 pounds.

I haven't lost anything in over 2 months (stupid plateau) but I haven't gained either ;) Just stick to it!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you happy? If you stop monitoring your calories you will continue to slowly gain weight. Just continue, after a month you will see results and challenge your self in other ways. with improving you strength, speed, measurements, and all that other fun stuff. Dont stop right now you have already started and I am telling you starting is the hard part. I have lost 80 lbs before it is so much better feeling healthy and being of average size.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine. You're going to have ups and downs, and of course if you want results you have to sacrifice some of the things you love. They are what got us all here in the first place. If losing weight and developing healthy habits was easy, there would be no obesity epidemic! Just be strong and you will succeed!