The past 6 months...

Options
89brilewis
89brilewis Posts: 27 Member
In the past 6 months I have faced many challenges that don't include just weight loss. Some may see some of these challenges as horrible but I looked at the upside of them and have turned them into the positives of my life. For instance, I separated from my husband at the beginning of the year and am now waiting for when I can file for divorce. Now some would see that as horrible but it was MUCH needed. Once I was separated I realized fully for the first time how much that marriage was destroying me as a person. I had lost all motivation while I was with him, now I am out as much as I possibly can be doing whatever I can. Today is actually the first day in over 3 months that I have just been able to sit down and relax for once. This is a much needed break from the chaos of my life, lol. Well since separating from my husband I met a wonderful man. He has been through so many of the same things that I have been through and he understands me because of them. This man is unlike my soon-to-be ex-husband in so many ways. To him I am perfect the way I am and don't have to change a thing for him, which is new for me. He also used to be overweight (265lbs) and now he isn't so he understands the things that I need to be motivated to lose more weight. That was one positive of leaving my husband. The other is that since I have left him my whole life has changed because I am actually happy. Now that I actually want to get up and do things it has been GREAT for my weight loss. In the last 3.5 months I have lost 20lbs just because I have been out enjoying myself instead of being in the house all day. Losing this weight has made me more energetic and has motivated me further to keep losing weight. Losing this weight has also made me a better mother because I can do more with my daughter. Now I don't mind taking her out to the park all day and just running around with her.

So now I'm up to 44lbs lost! This is big for me. First, I am under my pre-pregnancy weight from almost 3 years ago that I had not been able to get down to until now. Second, this is the first time in over 8+ years that I have weight this weight, I was always much heavier than this. Third, this is the first time EVER that the weight on my drivers license is actually MORE than what I actually weigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't help but to be so happy over all these wonderful things in my life now and honestly my weight loss is a large part of why these things have happened to me.

I know that was probably a bunch of rambling and didn't make much sense, but this is a huge success for me. Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did! :)

Replies

• Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!! Keep up the good work!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Amazing what a positive outlook can do. You've got it. Enjoy the ride.
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    You're an inspiration!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It is nice to leave the chaos behind and find that there is a "life" waiting for you to jump in and be a part of. Congratulations on your new lease on life. I wish you every happiness!
  • otranquility
    Options
    Congrats!
    You are very inspiring!
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    You're not even counting the 200 ugly pounds that you lost in the form of your soon-to-be ex! :laugh:
  • SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    congrats on all of your success I love reading stories like these
  • 89brilewis
    Options
    You're not even counting the 200 ugly pounds that you lost in the form of your soon-to-be ex! :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHA...so, SO true :devil:
  • 89brilewis
    Options
    Thank you!
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Haha, after reading that about your drivers license weight, I had to check mine, and I'm ten pounds lower than it says! Woohoo! So thank you for that, as well as your inspiring story. Well done, and keep up the good work and your positive outlook!
  • miranda90504
    Options
    I love the "Driver's license" bit...too funny! Oh, how many of us can relate! :)
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful story! I'm glad you're happy...Something we're all looking for right? :)
  • 89brilewis
    Options
    Haha, after reading that about your drivers license weight, I had to check mine, and I'm ten pounds lower than it says! Woohoo! So thank you for that, as well as your inspiring story. Well done, and keep up the good work and your positive outlook!

Its amazing to just look at your drivers license and realize that you weigh less than it says! I honestly didn't know if I would ever see the day it happened but OMG It is so amazing now that it has happened :)
  • 89brilewis
    Options
    This is a beautiful story! I'm glad you're happy...Something we're all looking for right? :)

Thank you very much! I never knew I could be this happy. I can only imagine what I will be like when I get to my goal weight, oh goodness I'll explode from the happiness, haha.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all of the changes :)
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    No matter how much weight you lose or don't lose, you are a winner because you got out of a relationship that was not healthy, and a negative impact on your life. To me, that's the biggest thing you can do for yourself.

Trust me I have been there. You need to learn to put yourself first, above your significant other. By this I am not telling you to be selfish, but, actually, in a way I am. YOU CANNOT PROPERLY LOVE ANYONE UNTIL YOU LOVE YOURSELF.

Your soon-to-be-ex-husband was weighing you down, not your weight. Congratulations for setting yourself free!
  • blackchick41bb
    Options
    great work,i know u feel so much lighter now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!