weight watcher's snacks

Options
lazatin
lazatin Posts: 452 Member
I just love the Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing. They are just the right size as a snack and 90 calories. I just wish i could find something that compared that was a little less expensive. Yes I am losing inches and pounds but my grocery bill has been crazy this past week because I am buying healthier foods. But i do LOVE those little carrot cakes!

Replies

• HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I was in college 11 years ago a professor told me, "You can either pay more to eat better now or you can pay your doctor more later in life to fix yourself after eating cheaper crap food for years". Enjoy it!
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Try making your own? I love this recipe, off Martha Stewart's Whole Living magazine:
    http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/cinnamon-carrot-muffins?backto=true

Makes 12

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
    2 tablespoons wheat germ
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1/3 cup buttermilk
    2 large eggs
    3/4 cup light brown sugar
    2 cups finely grated carrots (4-5 carrots)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Line a standard muffin tin with paper cups.
    3. Whisk flours, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
    4. Spoon batter into cups.
    5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 22 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.

Omitting the cream cheese, and using applesauce instead of oil makes it healthier. And of course, I vary this recipe to use less sugar. :)
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You might want to look online for weight watcher receipes. You might be able to find one that is pretty close to how those taste.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I just love the Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing. They are just the right size as a snack and 90 calories. I just wish i could find something that compared that was a little less expensive. Yes I am losing inches and pounds but my grocery bill has been crazy this past week because I am buying healthier foods. But i do LOVE those little carrot cakes!

i agree with you, eating healthier is so much more costly. Its so not fair you can buy a cheeseburger for $1 or 2. I dont know any cheaper versions, but the carrot muffin recipe looks tastey