Questions...

Options
Ok, so I just came home from a great workout that will no doubt hurt tomorrow and realized I had a few questions about how to enter it into my log to get my calories right. If anybody can help I would really appreciate it!

1) When you are using a HRM, do you subtract your resting calories from the ones it records during your workout?

2) How many calories can you go below your goal before your body switches into starvation mode? I'm about 200 under thanks to working out extra long today. I plan to eat a banana, but I would rather stop there than make up the calories.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Ok, so I just came home from a great workout that will no doubt hurt tomorrow and realized I had a few questions about how to enter it into my log to get my calories right. If anybody can help I would really appreciate it!

1) When you are using a HRM, do you subtract your resting calories from the ones it records during your workout?

2) How many calories can you go below your goal before your body switches into starvation mode? I'm about 200 under thanks to working out extra long today. I plan to eat a banana, but I would rather stop there than make up the calories.

Thanks everyone!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I just put in the calories that my HRM says, but some people subtract the resting calories.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I just put in the cals.
    It seems to be working for me.
    I don't usually eat ALL of my exercise cals, but I do eat MOST of them. But I am always over 1200 for the day.