Weigh-In

RoshadReid
RoshadReid Posts: 24
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so i got up and biked to my local YMCA this morning. I weighed myself and i only weighed 1 pound less than i did at the beginning of the week. Should i be disappointed??

Replies

• blackrose80
    blackrose80 Posts: 134
    No way! A loss is a loss and as long as the pounds are moving in the right direction you should be glad. I know it's tought when you're giving it heaps and get a lower loss, but they all add up. You're a whole pound closer to goal! Well done!
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Nope, that's pretty good for a week. It just depends on your calorie intake that you have set up for you, and how much you exercise and stuff. You know all that jazz... :) Just keep going! I know it's tough, trust me, but we are all in this together! <3
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    No way! A loss is a loss

Agree! Keep up the good work, at least you didn't go negative!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Hold a pound of butter in your hand. That is what you lost. So, no, you should be thrilled.
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    1 pound is still pretty awesome. If you think about it, 2 pounds is really the maximum someone should lose each week (to stay healthy), so you lost half of that. I also noticed your goal is to lose 20 pounds, so 1 pound is pretty great with that size of goal. I say good job and keep going!!
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    1lb per week is the ONLY way to go, if you want to keep it off for life. Keep at it.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Don't even think about being disappointed! 1 pound is better than nothing, you should be proud(:
    It's all baby steps!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Btw, your profile cracks me up(: love it. haha
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    1 pound is awesome and remember you did bike before weighing so that might have made a difference! get that scale soon you may see different results and keep up the good work :)
  • Perfectlycrooked
    1 pound is awesome and remember you did bike before weighing so that might have made a difference! get that scale soon you may see different results and keep up the good work :)

Yeah, it'd be better to get a scale for home so you can weigh yourself right when you wake up. I got one from walmart for 12 dollars!
This discussion has been closed.