Not sure if my routine is correct...

Options
Cyd46
Cyd46 Posts: 32 Member
My question is......is my exercise routine? I am exercising 5 days a week. Doing the same thing every day! I have to say it is getting boring. Again is this correct way for best results? My routine last anywhere for 40 - 50 minutes a day. I have been doing this for a little over 20 day's now. I started slow, I am adding more time gradually.

My work out is:

1. Cardio
2. Strength training - arm work out with weight's, leg's
3. Ab/Core work out

I am not sure if, I should just work out certain parts of my body certain day's. And carido certain day's. I would appreciate in helpful comments!! :)

P.S.... If anyone would like to add me... Please feel free!! We all need as much support as we can GET!! Good luck to all!! : )

Replies

• briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    What I have heard and have started doing myself with my routine is as follows

1) cardio for a warm-up for 10 minutes
    ellipitcal, treadmill, or stationary bike

2)strength trainging
    I personally like to focus on either my upper body and my lower body and I alternate days that I do it

3) cardio for at least 20+ minutes
    typically I like to do something different than what my warm up was (I really have like swimming here lately)

I was told that with this combo you get maximum calorie burn....it has been working out great for me
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    As a strong supporter of P90X I would say that it is always in your best interest to vary the workouts to get the best results. if you do the same thing every day your body can become accustomed to the workouts and the gains will be less significant.

Also there is a chance that doing the same weight lifting routines and ab workouts without properly recovery time could lead to adverse effects. at the very least I would try to find some kind of plan to follow that has some proven success, if you don't want to do one of the workout schedules commonly mentioned on this site (30 day shred, p90x, insanity, etc). the other option would be to have a conversation with a doctor (doubt they know anything they all seem to have missed the nutrition and exercise day in med school) or a personal trainer.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well me personally I have learned never to work the all body parts the same day as they all need special attention. Also never do weights that involve legs and cardio same day thats just me cause the legs tighten. For example here is my schedule

Mon- triceps and back/treadmill 3-4 miles
    Tues- Legs using weights no cardio
    Wens- biceps and chest/spin 30 min
    Thurs-Shoulders/walk or jog 60 min
    Fri all abs and treadmill 2 miles or cutting grass :)

You have to allow certain body parts to rest and rebuild especially when working with weights
  • Cyd46
    Cyd46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! I really needed the input to fine tune my work out. I think I can take all your ideas, and tweak it to my routine!! THANKS AGAIN!! : )