BodyMedia Fit Review...

Options
Well, I have had my BodyMedia Fit for 3 days now and I am absolutely thrilled with it!! I feel like I am really in tune with my body and have a much better handle on what I am really burning calorie wise and what my true BMR is (Bodymedia Fit claims 90% accuracy, so I just subtract 5% from the burns it gives me for my exercise and use that). I was able to get mine new on Ebay for $139 and it came with a free 6 mos subscription for the data package and a code for 2 free fashion wrist straps. I love that I can isolate the calorie burns from my workouts from my overall calorie burns for the day and how it tracks my steps and my sleep quality (laying down time vs. sleep time). Now I know what my true deficits are for the day.

I am still tracking my food on MFP as I love the database on here and have my recipes (& great supportive friends :smile: ) here. I have set up my BMF to let me just plug in my total daily calories at the end of each day so I just transfer the total from MFP at the end of each day. I am really looking forward to having a month or so worth of data to look at!

If you want to know more about it with visuals of what it does, here is the "professional" review that convinced me to go with the BodyMedia Fit over a regular HRM or Fitbit, etc...

http://testkitchentuesday.com/2011/04/12/product-review-bodymedia-fit-body-management-system/

I would HIGHLY recommend this device! I did not get the real time display...anyone on here have one? I don't mind uploading the data a few times a day, but is it worth the extra money to get the display at some point?

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Ditto. LOVE IT. I found mine on Craigslist new for $50. Win win win!
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ditto. LOVE IT. I found mine on Craigslist new for $50. Win win win!

WOW! That is a real steal! And I thought I got a great deal!!
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyBugg, which is basically the same product(it's also made by BodyMedia), and I love mine! I really like being able to know how many calories I'm actually burning during a workout.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cjbade02
    cjbade02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I am paitently waiting for mine.. I got mine for the same price but no free fashionbands, score for you!!! I am so excited to start using it and getting a more accurate reading!
  • klfazio
    klfazio Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I just might have to get me one of those :happy: :wink:
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have one..and I have the real time display. I can't upload mine daily, so having the display is very handy for me.

How have you set your calorie intake on here? I'm so confused.
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting one but my budget is somewhat tight at the moment. Did you find that MFP's calorie estimates were way off in regards to exercise?