High Calorie Diet

Options
Ok, I know I'm going against the grain to what everyone else is doing, but I need help. I have a very high calorie goal for each day. I eat all day as is (always have) but feel that to reach my calorie goal while eating healthy I need to forever have something going into my mouth. I need ideas for high calorie foods that are still healthy

Replies

• tjaysmalls
    Options
    Peanut butter, avacado, coconut. The only problem with these types of foods is that since they have high fat content they'll also make you want to eat less. You could always try adding in a weight gainer or some protein supplements.
  • rachael0008
    Options
    Nuts - almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts etc. - just make sure to gets ones with no salt. They have lots of calories but very very good for you and great to snack on throughout the day. Also, dried fruits are good (no added sugar though)! Especially mango's... yum :)
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    If you want to gain, drink gainer shakes. you can get like Peanut butter chocolate and get around 700 calories per shake. That'll gain you pretty quick ;)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    +1 to nuts, also to avocados. You could make a really good avocado and walnut salad with romaine lettuce and top it with some fresh cherries and fruit also.
  • NYgeorgiapeach
    Options
    Where can I get gainer shakes? I've been using protein shakes and it takes a good bit out of my calorie intake, but just not enough
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options
    Where can I get gainer shakes? I've been using protein shakes and it takes a good bit out of my calorie intake, but just not enough

Look online.

Amazon.com
    Bodybuilding.com
    Nutraplanet.com

If you go to somewhere like GNC, be prepared to pay 5x the amount for half the amount.
  • vthomeschoolmom
    vthomeschoolmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What does it mean to you to be "healthy"? Since I have a low caloric need as I try to lose a little, cheese is in great moderation for me. But for you it could be a good. It has calcium. Fat is no longer the bad guy it used to be. Nuts are pretty high in calories AND have great fats for your body.
  • NYgeorgiapeach
    Options
    What does it mean to you to be "healthy"? Since I have a low caloric need as I try to lose a little, cheese is in great moderation for me. But for you it could be a good. It has calcium. Fat is no longer the bad guy it used to be. Nuts are pretty high in calories AND have great fats for your body.

Healthy means not junk food for me. I know processed food isn't all that great and know the difference between good and bad calories/sugars/fats....but find if I eat the goods I don't get much calories
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm eating low carb and my fat is set at 65%, fat is very caloric so my ideas are-

Chicken liver pate
    Alfredo sauce on pasta or veggies and meat
    Cheese ball with crackers and veggies
    make instant pudding in the blender with heavy whipping cream, it's like mousse!
    use heavy cream in tea/coffee
    Buffalo chicken wings
    Lemon curd on pancakes/french toast
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Look for energy dense foods. Incorporate seeds and nuts into your meals and snacks. Also, there's plenty of mass gainer whey products.