P90x Ab Ripper

Options
I've been doing p90x everyday for 20 days now and I am seeing great results! I know they base their program muscle confusion by working different muscles each day but I was wonder about the ab ripper. He says that it does not need to be done everyday because in a 90 day program you really don't need to. Unfortunatly for me I only have ten more days till vacation and I'm really looking to tighten up my abs before then! Has anyone had any experience with doing the ab ripper everyday for a short period of time? Everything helps!! Thanks!!

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You're doing it 3 days a week already right? You want to do it everyday? Abs are one of the muscles groups you can work everyday if you want to but you probably won't see any difference in doing it an extra couple of times in the next 10 days.
  • jimjj211
    jimjj211 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    After I finished my first cycle of P90X, I kinda did my own thing with his workouts, which included doing Ab Ripper about 6 times per week (against Tony's advice), but I found that it did help tighten my abs and gave me more definition there. I only did this for 4 weeks, but at the end I did feel it helped my abs more than P90X alone.
  • baconsteak
    Options
    Making a change in your abs in 10 days is not really going to happen just by doing a few extra workouts. I've done P90x ab ripper every other day and that was great, but doing it more would probably just make you sore or actually lose muscle mass. You can't build muscle if you don't rest! Fortunatly for you, you're cute so wow them with your smile and they'll never notice the .5" you could take offf your waist in a week. Then when you get back hit P90x harder then ever and see even more results! Good luck!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Try it it's not really a big deal to change things up everyone now and then. But, you do work your core during a lot of the other exercises as well whether you realize it or not. Perhaps you can just rotate it with core synergistics, leap frog the days with those two, for example ab ripper x today, core synergistics tomorrow, ab ripper wednesday, etc.