Trying again in Virginia

Options
I've been overweight most of my life. Despite my weight I've always been very healthy. A few years ago I lost 75 pounds and kept it off for a year. I was working out A LOT everyday and keeping a journal of my exercise and what I was eating. Keeping a record really forced me to be honest with myself and helped me make better choices. (I'm an emotional eater). Unfortunately, life and other things happened and I gained all of the weight back. Part of the problem was that I hit the dreaded plateau and couldn't loose the last 25-30 pounds. It was really discouraging. I was eating 1500 calories a day and exercising 2 to 3 hours a day. I just couldn't sustain it.

I'm 45 years old and I'm starting to have some health issues that are directly related to my weight. I'm ready to try again, but with a more balanced approach this time and something that I can keep up. I've joined a gym, engaged a personal trainer and started using this site. So, here I am: Ready to try again. I want to loose 100 pounds, but honestly would be happy to lose the 75 pounds and keep it off!

My inspiration: I love vintage clothes and have found a ton of great patterns, but I'm going to have to loose weight for them to fit.

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight most of my life. Despite my weight I've always been very healthy. A few years ago I lost 75 pounds and kept it off for a year. I was working out A LOT everyday and keeping a journal of my exercise and what I was eating. Keeping a record really forced me to be honest with myself and helped me make better choices. (I'm an emotional eater). Unfortunately, life and other things happened and I gained all of the weight back. Part of the problem was that I hit the dreaded plateau and couldn't loose the last 25-30 pounds. It was really discouraging. I was eating 1500 calories a day and exercising 2 to 3 hours a day. I just couldn't sustain it.

I'm 45 years old and I'm starting to have some health issues that are directly related to my weight. I'm ready to try again, but with a more balanced approach this time and something that I can keep up. I've joined a gym, engaged a personal trainer and started using this site. So, here I am: Ready to try again. I want to loose 100 pounds, but honestly would be happy to lose the 75 pounds and keep it off!

My inspiration: I love vintage clothes and have found a ton of great patterns, but I'm going to have to loose weight for them to fit.
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Welcome, from another Virginian! I can relate to being an emotional eater which can really throw you off. It sounds like you are ready to get started again and that's great. Good luck!