Bummed

Options
Last October I started doing awesome and I had stuck to my diet and lost 20 lbs. Sadly, I have gained back 15 and feel so bummed about it. I need to get the motivation back and get back on track so today I made myself an inspiration board and a goal sheet and I'm logging back in to track my calories. I'm hoping that this will help me stay on track and I'll take it one day at a time. I'm finding the sodas are hard for me to give up although I gave them up in October and didn't start drinking them again until May. :( So back on the wagon I go and hopefully I don't fall off again.

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Last October I started doing awesome and I had stuck to my diet and lost 20 lbs. Sadly, I have gained back 15 and feel so bummed about it. I need to get the motivation back and get back on track so today I made myself an inspiration board and a goal sheet and I'm logging back in to track my calories. I'm hoping that this will help me stay on track and I'll take it one day at a time. I'm finding the sodas are hard for me to give up although I gave them up in October and didn't start drinking them again until May. :( So back on the wagon I go and hopefully I don't fall off again.
    Good luck!
    I found it much easier to have a inspiration nearby to keep myself motivated, like a friend, co-worker, or ralative who has had a recent success story.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I understand your feeling. I lost 69 lbs last spring/summer, only to gain back more than half. I've been trying to see how many days I can string together keeping uner my calorie goal and already it is paying off. Stay with it! This is the best time of year to lose weight as you have so many opportunities to be active (I basically swim, walk, bike or jog - no hard-core work-outs for me!). Just be accountable and honest with your diary, and stay motivated! You can do it!!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Just be accountable and honest with your diary, and stay motivated! You can do it!!

This is the key!
  • tabitha2770
    tabitha2770 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank You guys so much! :)