Body Fat Scale

gymmom
gymmom Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I am seeking input on accuracy of bodyfat scales in general. Does anyone have a scale and has compared w/ tests from gym or other location? My scale seems accurate in weight, but never really changes the fat. I DO lift weights and do cardio and can see the body/muscle changes in the mirror, so some fat must be going!! Any thoughts?

Replies

• gymmom
    I am seeking input on accuracy of bodyfat scales in general. Does anyone have a scale and has compared w/ tests from gym or other location? My scale seems accurate in weight, but never really changes the fat. I DO lift weights and do cardio and can see the body/muscle changes in the mirror, so some fat must be going!! Any thoughts?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I have one, and although I have lost 50 lbs since I purchased it, it still reads the same body fat%. I think unless you go really high end on that, they're pretty inaccurate.

It reads "30%", but when I was tested a few months back, I was between 22-25%.
  • gymmom
    Way to go w/ your weight loss!! Thank you so much for your response...very reassuring. I'll get to my gym and have them test to...at least another benchmark to compare!
This discussion has been closed.