one week in and loving it

Options
I just wanted to say I am one week in on tracking my food and exercise and I must say this website has made such a difference! I haven't had a lot of sucess with weight loss. I am hoping this is the tool that can finally help me reach my goals! My family is jumping on board as well and joining my community - I am super excited!

Does anyone know how many calories you can burn in 40 minutes of wii zumba?

Thanks!!!! :wink:

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    it says 526 on line on a calorie counter for 40 minute wii zumba, I google all the things I cant find. I cant confirm that it is correct - but that is what it said. Welocme - I am also in my first week!!! I love MFP - it is working great for me. Good luck keep it up!!!
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    Welcome!

The calories burned with wii Zumba is really going to depend on your intensity / weight / height / fitness level etc. I have a heart rate monitor and ~40 minutes of wii zumba would burn 220 calories for me. That could be different for you based on those variables I mentioned.
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    Options
    I'm also on my first week and LOVE MFP. I am obsessed with logging everything. I guess this is the jump start I needed to get out of my plateau and start losing again. This site and accompanying phone app rocks!!!! I am so thankful I found it. The help and advice here is priceless! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Today is my first week also tracking my food and I love it. I also use the phone App while I am at work. Welcome and Good Luck on your weight loss journey....
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome:) I am almost a week in myself, and loving it. I use the blackberry app to track food/fitness and then log in on my laptop at night to check in here and see what's up. It's great that your family is getting involved!!
  • boilerjules
    Options
    Great - thanks for letting me know! I will look into getting a heart monitor.

Thanks for the welcome!
  • boilerjules
    Options
    Thanks for the support! Good luck yourself!!
  • boilerjules
    Options
    Thanks for all the support!! I look forward to posting some before and after pictures! :smile:
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! MFP is great! I was working out for 2 months and lost nothing but as soon I started using MFP the weight started coming off!! I couldn't believe it. I started just over a month ago and I've lost 9 lbs already!! I tried doing the Wii Zumba but I think I lost my ablility to dance when I hit my 30's! LOL!! Good luck on weight loss! Feel free to add me as a friend!