I just *RUINED* my perfect day!

Options
BLAH! I went out for ice cream and I thought I'd be good by ordering frozen yogurt. Something in the back of my head said "Say that you only want 1 scoop", so I asked for a small... and what did the ice cream lady hand me? A cone, with 2 HUGE scoops of frozen yogurt. WHY!?!?! And why do I have zero willpower to eat only part of it? I ate the whole thing... and now I feel sooo guilty.

I had an AMAZING day with food... nothing bad.....and now this?

BLAH!!!!!

Replies

• ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK! You had frozen yogurt....and you had a fantastic day. and you have lost so much weight! one more scoop is not going to take that away from you! You have done amazing!
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. That is now the past. Just do better tomorrow.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Life's too short for such guilt.
  • Cartel
    Cartel Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome to my friday and sat nights. So much so that I basically starve myself fri during the day because I know friday nights drinking = bad eating!
  • ejmcam
    Options
    and I just looked at your diary....you still have 667 calories left AFTER the 2 scoops! I hope you FULLY enjoyed it because you deserve it!
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK! You had frozen yogurt....and you had a fantastic day. and you have lost so much weight! one more scoop is not going to take that away from you! You have done amazing!

Thank you! I still feel guilty though! :(
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. Are you expecting to be a certain weight tomorrow? Probably not. This is an on-going lifestyle and we are allowed to stray off the path once in a while before getting back on track. Enjoy a treat now and then. You have earned it! :)
  • shopgirl192
    Options
    and I just looked at your diary....you still have 667 calories left AFTER the 2 scoops! I hope you FULLY enjoyed it because you deserve it!
    [/quote

I never eat back my exercise calories!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Since you are at your goal weight you can afford the indulgence. Give food a healthy look and give yourself some credit for doing the work....sometimes it's time to relax.
    Back again 2mrw....STAY AWAY FROM THE SWEET SHOPS :tongue:
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Holy wow - calm down, it was frozen YOGURT... You could of have a large Orea Blizzard wit extra Chocolate Sauce. IHaving a double scoop of frozen yogurt in a cone ins't going to kill your weight loss - trust me....

What WILL kill your weightloss, however, is being so hard on yourself that you can never allow yourself a treat. You had a perfect day, and you rewarded yourself for it. Nothing wrong with that.
  • shopgirl192
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. Are you expecting to be a certain weight tomorrow? Probably not. This is an on-going lifestyle and we are allowed to stray off the path once in a while before getting back on track. Enjoy a treat now and then. You have earned it! :)

True... but I was hoping to save my indlugence for dinner tomorrow night. We're taking my dad to a steakhouse and that's never a good place if you're trying to eat healthy!
  • ejmcam
    Options
    [/quote

I never eat back my exercise calories!

i dont either, so i get it...but once wont hurt you!
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! look at how awesome you did today --you deserve more credit!! :)

-sam456
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

True... but I was hoping to save my indlugence for dinner tomorrow night. We're taking my dad to a steakhouse and that's never a good place if you're trying to eat healthy!

So take your dad out too! You know what to do to work off the extra calories. Here's what I do to keep me from going crazy... I'm only 2.2 lbs from my goal. BUT... I have cushioned my goal weight with 5 lbs above and 5 lbs below. This gives me 10 pounds to fluctuate without freaking out. That might work for you too.
  • shopgirl192
    Options

So take your dad out too! You know what to do to work off the extra calories. Here's what I do to keep me from going crazy... I'm only 2.2 lbs from my goal. BUT... I have cushioned my goal weight with 5 lbs above and 5 lbs below. This gives me 10 pounds to fluctuate without freaking out. That might work for you too.

True.... I definitely can workout a little harder tomorrow... Thanks!