Hello Everyone!

Options
Hi! My name is Mechelle and I am a new fish here. I found this site actually because my Droid has a free calorie counting app and I am starting the 17 day diet and need to track my calorie intake. So far I love this site and love that you can put tools from this site to your personal blog. I live in Daphne, AL (which is near Mobile).

I am new on here but certainly not new to the diet scene. I have been on so many diets I lost count. You see, I have no issues losing the weight, I have issues keeping the weight off. I am a honorary member of the "clean your plate club" and also a elite member of the "chow hound club" Let's face it I love food and it just doesn't love me back lol. I look forward to meeting new people on here that share the same daily struggles as me and can offer tips on what works for them. So do not be afraid to message me or respond. I am here for the same reasons as you :)

Replies

• brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Mechelle and welcome to the group.
    I am Kim from WI

First of all don't think of MFP as a diet, because it is not. It is a healthy lifestyle journey. You will have lots of ups and downs. But always be accountable for what you put in your body and your exercises. And drink, drink, drink your water.
  • BamaGirl_79
    Options
    Oh definitely! I am using this as more of a tool to help with my lifestyle change. I love that you can track your food, exercise, etc. And I have the convenience of it on my phone. Ah you got to love technology :) I love that you have so many people on this site that can all add their support and tips. Thanks for welcoming me. I look forward to my journey here :)
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    Hey! Today is my first day on here. I tracked my "normal" diet today and thought I was going to have a heart attack when I saw the numbers. I always hated food journaling and counting calories, but this sites helps with pretty good estimations. I couldn't believe what I was actually ingesting. My biggest downfall are the cokes. If I can cut them I'll be doing fantastic! We can take this journey together, even if we are in different parts of the world!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal!:smile:
  • shellyb1229
    shellyb1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Mechelle. Good luck with your journey on MFP. I have been on MFP for a couple months and enjoy it. It makes me accountable for everything I eat and drink.

I hope you achieve the results you want and remember to drink your water. I carry water with me EVERYWHERE. I even stash flavor packs in my purse, gym bag, car, you name it and I have a flavor pack for my water.
  • BamaGirl_79
    Options
    I am so with you on the cokes! I guess you can say I have a coke problem...coke...a cola that is :) But since I went to the doctor yesterday and have yet another kidney infection, I think its time I start replacing cokes with water or another beverage :( Congrats on joining and I will definitely be here to encourage and cheer you on :)
  • ritafay2011
    Options
    WELCOME!!! I LOVE MFP'S THEY ARE THE BEST!!! YOU'VE FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE TO BE .:bigsmile:
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    Good Luck =)