Amythest goes from 137 to 127, much happiness and confidence

Options
I'm 20, 5'2", and during my first year of college I discovered comfort eating, lost my teenage metabolism and went from 110 to 135-138ish. It was so sad. I lost my confidence and I knew I had a problem, but depression kept me right where I was.

Then I got engaged! And I wanted to be able to walk down the aisle (er, grass) with confidence, knowing I was healthy and lookin' good. So I started tracking my food (sometimes online, mostly on paper) and addressing the issues that made me want to eat my feelings away.

There were some snags. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia this past Christmas, a few short months before the wedding, which makes me feel tired and sore all the time. I'm also not supposed to jog, lift weights etc. or push myself too hard. So I had to find gentle or low impact exercises that would still burn calories. Through it all my then-fiance-now-husband was so supportive! He got a bit more fit himself, and we take walks together on my "good days".

So, to reward you for reading that whole spiel, here it is! A picture's worth 1000 words right? :)

before.png

after.png

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!