Woo hoo-- 170's-- wooooooooooooooo!!

Options
Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
omigosh-- FINALLY-- when I began the Shred challenge early September, I gained 2 pounds-- I was freaking out. Watching the calories faithfully, exercising faithfully, up two pounds-- wth?

Then, I went away for a week, and came back up 3 more-- bloated beyond belief, feeling miserable, but still eating well-- waiting-- waiting-- waiting for the water to leave.

I bloat pre-TOM, and it doesn't go away until one week post-TOM, to where I have usually ONE week per month where I actually SEE the weight come off. I know that it's going to come off, so I don't get (too) discouraged.

AND, THEN TODAY MY FRIENDS-- I get on the scale, and the last of the water is gone-- I'm to 179-- a number I haven't seen in many, many, many moons--

I'm so thrilled-- so empowered-- if I can do this, anybody, everybody can. I have struggled my whole life with self-control over my eating. I've had a weight problem forever, all the way to grade school. I have always been big, chubby, overweight, fat, obese-- differing degrees. With this site, your support, and the "click" that occurred this past June, I know I'm going to conquer this once and for all.

Thanks for accompanying me on my journey, and bearing with me as I slowly open up to you all, and let you all see who I am-- I keep myself guarded for a long time, but when I open up-- oh my, you can't shut me up. (see?)

Have a great day everyone-- and blessings on your journey!!

Replies

• Marla64
    Options
    omigosh-- FINALLY-- when I began the Shred challenge early September, I gained 2 pounds-- I was freaking out. Watching the calories faithfully, exercising faithfully, up two pounds-- wth?

Then, I went away for a week, and came back up 3 more-- bloated beyond belief, feeling miserable, but still eating well-- waiting-- waiting-- waiting for the water to leave.

I bloat pre-TOM, and it doesn't go away until one week post-TOM, to where I have usually ONE week per month where I actually SEE the weight come off. I know that it's going to come off, so I don't get (too) discouraged.

AND, THEN TODAY MY FRIENDS-- I get on the scale, and the last of the water is gone-- I'm to 179-- a number I haven't seen in many, many, many moons--

I'm so thrilled-- so empowered-- if I can do this, anybody, everybody can. I have struggled my whole life with self-control over my eating. I've had a weight problem forever, all the way to grade school. I have always been big, chubby, overweight, fat, obese-- differing degrees. With this site, your support, and the "click" that occurred this past June, I know I'm going to conquer this once and for all.

Thanks for accompanying me on my journey, and bearing with me as I slowly open up to you all, and let you all see who I am-- I keep myself guarded for a long time, but when I open up-- oh my, you can't shut me up. (see?)

Have a great day everyone-- and blessings on your journey!!
  • footballmom
    Options
    GOOD JOB!! That is great!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yeah Great job... :)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Good job:happy:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Marla!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I started MFP at 179, was a struggle at first, then one day I was in the 160's and I was like uh is something wrong with the scale, I seriously don't remember when I was in the 160's, has to have been over 10 years ago before I started having kids, now I can't wait for the 150's, 140's, 130's, and finally the 120's. It's a great feeling isn't it when you get over that little bump.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • susan62
    susan62 Posts: 59
    Options
    Congrats to you:flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yeah congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I am so thrilled for you! That's key - pushing through those hard times when we aren't seeing any movement on the scale. Seeing you push through reminds me to do the same. Thank you! I'm hoping to break out of the 160's by Wednesday next week - 2lbs. to go!
  • amandadean
    Options
    THat's wonderful...congrats on the loss!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Congrats! I LOVE your ticker!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Congrats! I LOVE your ticker!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!