Here's my on hand shake ingredients...any suggestions?

Options
westbrja
westbrja Posts: 111 Member
So I have a bag of EAS vanilla protein powder, strawberries, bananas, nectarines, kiwi, grapes, low-fat yogurt, low-fat vanilla frozen yogury, sugar free chocolate syrup, skim milk, peanut butter, oatmeal. A lot of the recipes I've seen call for coconut or almond milk, which I don't have. I was thinking about something like banana, chocolate syrup, pb, oatmeal, and milk but I don't know how much of each to use. Anyone have any thought on what I can do with these ingredients.

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Depends on what size shake you want, mine are my breakfast so usually around 400 cals but 1.5 cups of water, scoop of protein powder, Half banana, 3/4 cup strawberries, 3 ozs yogurt, and ice if you need to thicken it.

The PB/Banana/Chocolate one you have listed sounds good. Most recipes recommend coconut or almond milk for the extra flavor but because its healthier. Im personally still a cows milk person, though organic.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I make a peanut butter banana chocolate shake using 1/4 cup skim milk,1/2 tablespoon of chocolate,1/2-1 banana and usually a teaspoon of hot chocolate powder (Im sure a squirt or two of chocolate syrup would do the trick) also 1/4 -1/2 a cup of water. Usually comes to about 200 cals.
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    i make strawberry smoothies with 1 scoop of the powder, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup strawberries and 4-5 ice cubes. or i make a PB smoothie with 1 scoop powder, 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 4-5 ice cubes. just play around with what you like. i'm sure you'll find something yummy. =)
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I make a peanut butter banana chocolate shake using 1/4 cup skim milk,1/2 tablespoon of chocolate,1/2-1 banana and usually a teaspoon of hot chocolate powder (Im sure a squirt or two of chocolate syrup would do the trick) also 1/4 -1/2 a cup of water. Usually comes to about 200 cals.

How much PB?
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my roommate once made me a smoothie with milk, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, and ice - not overly nutritious I suppose due to the lack of fruit, but it tasted like a Reese's peanut butter cup :) yummy!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    whoops . Meant to say half a TB of PB.