This Week I Have Hit A Wall

Options
*I cried trying clothes on in the dressing room.
*My running has been pathetic. This morning I ran at a 5.3 pace for 24 minutes and just couldn't continue.
*I am disgusted with myself for being this out of shape.

Anybody else ever have a week where frustration seems to get the best of you?

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I have! To the point I have pity myself and binged before. And thats when either

A) I have something going on personally and Im taking it out on my scale refusing to budge

OR

B) Its time to analyze my habits and change them (including if that means a break then going again)

You can do it! It sure as heck isnt easy to keep going when you arent seeing results, or seeing them as quickly as you want, but I can atest to plateaus and frustration, I still hit them. I got injured to the point my workout was upper body and stretching (where I was doing tons of cardio before) and started a new job before I was cleared so I havent figured out a good groove yet to build my cardio back up which has me frustrated as well
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it is horrible. Then my friend made me take a picture of myself and compare it to one of myself from 2 years before. It put everything in perspective.
  • bebe3232
    bebe3232 Posts: 43
    Options
    We are right about the same size and if I could run at 5.3 for 24 minutes I would be over joyed! So even though you may be feeling bad you are still an inspiration! I hope things get better for you soon. Maybe you are just having a bad week cut yourself some slack and try to get back on track next week. And yes everyone has those types of weeks sometimes :)
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have had the running thing happen. It's okay. It happens to everyone. If you need a rest from working out do that. If you need a break from running, take one and do something else. You'll bounce back and come back stronger! :)
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I cried in the dressing room today too. I thought since I've lost 23 pounds I'd see a difference in the way shirts fit but I still feel like a BLOB! *sobs* :(
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a week like this every month. Yep, girl plumbing sucks. I have found the cramps are better since I've been exercising, but my energy level plummets and I am just plain discouraged and lack motivation. I know better than to even think of stepping on the scale or trying on new clothes in this frame of mind. I have decided to just stick to my diet on these days and not stress about the exercise so much. I'd be happy if I could get off the couch...you should be proud of yourself for a 20 min run! Hang in there, this too shall pass and you'll make it up next week.

Just do what you can...I have a sign that says "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch"
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Hang in there though. Try to refocus. Do some yoga or slow stretching and clear your head before your next workout. Think about why you are doing this and take each good workout as a mini-goal reached. Forgive yourself when you screw up and get right back on that wagon the following day.

Hang in there!