Did anyone watch Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition?

Options

Replies

• rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I found out that Chris Powell has a website called www.reshapethenation.com

It's a paid membership though, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Tonight's show really hit home for me and I cried. Tonight's show was the best of all because it showed that everyone will not succeed and it showed how hard it is to beat a food addiction. Everyone will not do it in one year.

The Insight program they showed on there tonight is the same program I am being evaluated for and looking to get approved for by my insurance. I have been waiting on them to have a show on the difficulty of food addiction and finally tonight they did it! I know everyone loves a success story, but unfortunately that is not the reality.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My hubby & I watch it every Monday.
    I didn't think it was safe for a 100mile bike ride in that heat. He made it to the 42-43mile and couldn't continue...
    I thought the poor guy was going to have a heart attack. I totally related to his addiction to fast food.
    What a vicious cycle..... I hope Wally can pull through at rehab.
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i watched.. it made me sad.. i was so happy that they finally showed the world that people really CAN have an addiction to food.. it's a struggle everyday.. it made me really think about where i will be in the upcoming months.. i feel so strong right now, but that can slip away.. just like we saw tonight.. i pray that i have the strength to see this through.. forever..
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i hope he makes it...and gets the help he needs.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Me too! I am going to see if he comes on GMA this morning.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    My hubby & I watch it every Monday.
    I didn't think it was safe for a 100mile bike ride in that heat. He made it to the 42-43mile and couldn't continue...
    I thought the poor guy was going to have a heart attack. I totally related to his addiction to fast food.
    What a vicious cycle..... I hope Wally can pull through at rehab.

When he said it was very hot, I wondered how he was going to do it. I never seen them stopping for water but I know they must have had water in all that heat.
  • heyjude1358
    Options
    I'm watching it right now on online at abc.com. I'm only 6 minutes into the episode and I've already got tears in my eyes. His little girl is soooooo cute. "Walk... walk..."
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Mollie pls let me know if he is on GMA.... I didn't know they go on GMA the next day.... :(

Thank hun!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie pls let me know if he is on GMA.... I didn't know they go on GMA the next day.... :(

Thank hun!!

They normally do but I guess since he did not lose the weight they did not put him on and that is truly a bummer. People need to see more than the successes. They had a model on who had lost 110 pound from South Carolina.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'm watching it right now on online at abc.com. I'm only 6 minutes into the episode and I've already got tears in my eyes. His little girl is soooooo cute. "Walk... walk..."

I love watching online. I dozed on some of the parts last night so I will go back and watch it.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to watch it!! Guess I will catch up online!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm watching it right now!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    If he can run then my *kitten* can run. I cried like a biggest baby watching that tonight. I couldnt imagine loosing that much weight in 3 months. It would be the happiest day of my life. I am tired a living like this and he gave me strength. However, I would like to know what he did everyday or some of it at least. I have looked him up and cant find him. I was going to send him a message. lol
    Does anyone have any idea what he did?

If you have a facebook acct, Chris Powell and Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition have pages. I looked to see if there were any updates on Wally, but there was just some encouragement from Chris. Hoping they update about him soon.

Great show! I feel for Wally. Addiction is brutal, in any form. I also have a crush on Chris. :heart: He is so sweet!
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love this show. I'm glad that they showed that sometimes people really truly struggle with food. I was so sad though. I love that Chris invests not just his time but also that he is emotional invested.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    If he can run then my *kitten* can run. I cried like a biggest baby watching that tonight. I couldnt imagine loosing that much weight in 3 months. It would be the happiest day of my life. I am tired a living like this and he gave me strength. However, I would like to know what he did everyday or some of it at least. I have looked him up and cant find him. I was going to send him a message. lol
    Does anyone have any idea what he did?

If you have a facebook acct, Chris Powell and Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition have pages. I looked to see if there were any updates on Wally, but there was just some encouragement from Chris. Hoping they update about him soon.

Great show! I feel for Wally. Addiction is brutal, in any form. I also have a crush on Chris. :heart: He is so sweet!

Chris is a cutie!! I just love all these weight shows because they do inspire me to do more too. I can't run but they do inspire me to do more for sure!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I'm standing here watching the latest episode of this on Hulu. Can't believe how much better this show is than Biggest Loser.

Chris, the trainer, is a lot more realistic and employs a good kind of "tough love" to the participants.

(Though, side note: not sure putting a 350 lb. guy on a road bike in 100+ degree heat was much of a good idea at all. Dangerous with traffic, dangerous to him for heat exhaustion which he obviously had. The challenge with the first girl - Rachel - a hike and bungee jump seemed much more sane in comparison!)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    (Though, side note: not sure putting a 350 lb. guy on a road bike in 100+ degree heat was much of a good idea at all. Dangerous with traffic, dangerous to him for heat exhaustion which he obviously had. The challenge with the first girl - Rachel - a hike and bungee jump seemed much more sane in comparison!)

I totally agree on this one!! I was trying to figure out were they even stopping for water.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I usually hate these types of shows but i've gotten hooked on this one. DVD it everyday.