Excessive FAT on stomach!

Options
2»

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I had 2 c-sections and now have the not so nice "pooch" that follows. I would love to know how to get rid of it. Best of luck in your weight loss :)

Unfotunantly c-section pooch will never fully go away. The ways they have minimalized this problem is by changing incision site and closure style over the years. Unfortunantly if your c-section is more then 3 years old and/or you were closed with staples you had an older style that makes it harder to heal from because it cuts through a more critical portion of your abdominal muscles.

My uncle is an OBGYN (for over 20 years) and specializes in top and brand new female surgeries. He can actually do a c-section/tummy tuck on repeat c-section patients (its simply his technique) if they havent gained excessiely in their latest pregnancy. Thanks to his following up my OB care (I was in a different state) My OB used his incision and closure style (purely internal stitches) so I have a higher likelyhood of losing it BUT every c-section cuts major muscle while its stretched to the max so there will always be some pooch
  • stinabear13
    Options
    for the cardio hater, do you like swimming? its important to find something thats cardio that you love and doesnt feel like a real workout, i have a huge gut, i gained 70 lbs with my 1st kid and she was c-section so now one side flaps and hangs over with the skin and the other side not as much, but still saggy, and the strech marks, yeah with cocoa butter even id wake up and have some drops of blood on the sheets fro new stretch marks poping up, everyone accused me that i was having twins that my belly got so big so fast. at least there was no new stretch marks with my 2nd child, she was not a c-section, i did a successful VBAC with her but it took 27.5 hrs so worth it to me, i wanted that experiences of normal birth (my dang epidural quit tho) i had the mirena iuc and it caused even more weight gain, and other problems and ive had it removed recently after 4 years. i have alot of weight to lose still im terrible with working out because my kids are always with me and interupt a 10 min abs video about 5 times. but once they start school il get the time to workout without interuptions:)
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yes, it WILL eventually go away. Unfortunately for women, it is usually the last to go. I am nearing the end of my weight loss journey and will start maintenance after 2.2 more pounds. My belly fat is just finally starting to shrink! I think I would have been at my goal more than 5 pounds ago if it wasn't for the belly fat. But, with cardio and really watching my diet, it is going away and I couldn't be happier! I'm a mother of 2, so my muscles were quite stretched with both pregnancies. I'm doing some strength training (especially for my core) to help tighten and pull in those muscles. Once I lose as much fat from around my mid-section as I can, it shouldn't look too bad. :)

what kind of strength training are you doing? I need tips thanks!