How do you eat your Eggs?

Options
2»

Replies

• KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    mmmm Son in law eggs are great not sure about how healthy they are... but yummy.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    so many people saying hard boiled but no one saying soft boiled.

the yolk has to be runny.
  • squashaclein
    Options
    Mine have to be just poached enough so the white changes colour...Anything further and its way overcooked
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled with salad
    Soft boiled, mashed up in a cup with some butter and wheaten bread
    Fried, with some fried or toasted soda bread and some ketchup
    Scrambled (I usually don't add anything to my scrambled eggs except some seasoning, but smoked salmon in scrambled eggs is awesome)
    Omelette, with chunky home made oven chips. Again, I tend not to add anything to my omelette, but occasionally I add some chicken, or cheese and ham.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    So many ways, lol.

I like them poached, yolks runny, whites cooked, on a piece of toast.

I make a Greek omelet that is to die for... I use sliced black olives and slice kalamata olives, mix them with chopped cucumber and some mixed herb seasoning, garlic salt, and usually some extra oregano. Then, I saute baby spinach in a pan with a little bit of the kalamata oil from the container, sprinkled with garlic salt, and then once it has wilted, add the scrambled egg to it. Cook it, flip it, and then push it to the side and add one ounce of light feta cheese until it melts- then put it on the inside of the egg, fold it over, and top with the cucumber/olive mixture (I suppose you could put it inside, but I make so much of it, and use only one egg, that it makes more sense to put it on top, LOL). OMG it is so good.

I also will make egg skillets instead of omelets... I'll saute whatever veggies I have (usually mushroom, zucchini, onion, spinach), add the egg, but instead of letting it cook in one piece, I scramble it around with the veggies using the spatula so it all gets interspersed. I usually add some protein too- piece of ham cut up, or Trader Joe's beef or turkey bacon (cooked first, obviously), and then the feta at the end, letting it melt and all that. It ends up being pretty darn good! I'll use some seasoning on that too- whatever I'm in the mood for. Today, I used zucchini, red onion, beef bacon, and the egg (no cheese) with a little bit of garlic salt and Chinese 5Spice... it was a pretty good combo with the beef bacon, actually! Normally, I stick with the more traditional Italian seasonings though (garlic salt/powder, mixed herbs).

I used to never eat breakfast, and I'm reallllly picky about eggs. I always needed to have more "stuff" than egg, so I've found these to be the best way to do it. But you can always alter it to taste. I eat one egg almost every morning now.

Hope this helps! :smile:
  • andyp10
    andyp10 Posts: 11
    Options
    my advice, If you are eating 80 eggs or so a week stop! unless you are only eating the white. The yoke is real bad for you and the average person should only eat a few yokes a week.

make egg white omelet, put different veg in them! All in all a low cost, low cal healthy option!
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Baked egg custard, whites beaten into low fat cream cheese for a yummy topping
  • crocktherock
    crocktherock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Google frittata recipes. These are a great way to use eggs, and you get your veggies too!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with Cheese.

Over Easy with a piece of whole grain toast(In fact, thats what I had this morning!)

Hard Boiled with Ranch(sounds gross but is really yummy.. just don't do this too often cause ranch isn't good for you!)

Hard Boiled are also really good on Salads!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Eggs are like the chameleon food. You can do anything with them :)
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    break open an egg in a bowl, whisk lightly
    dip each slice of a whole wheat english muffin - soak briefly and turn over soak again
    drizzle some olive oil in a pan, salt and pepper the muffin and cook through (if there's leftover egg that didn't soak in, pour over the top).

hard boiled

scrambled

over-hard

crustless quiche

anything that doesn't have a runny yolk :noway:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Omelets with lots of veggies
    "Fried" egg in pam spray
    Deviled with a mayo substitute
    Egg salad??
    Scrambled
    Fritatas
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    RECIPE ALERT!

They don't call it the incredible edible egg for nothing.

My new fave is something I just threw together one day. My wife bought me some turkey sausage (johnsonville turkey brats to be exact) Cut one up set aside. Cook up a serving of brown rice with just a little less water than usual. Heat a saute pan or skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, put in the brown rice with the sausage and veggie of your choice. This is the best part because you can change it up. onions and peppers one day and broccoli and tomatoes the next, whatever. When the sausage is nice and hot and the rice is just starting to get a little crisp (like fried rice should) I scrape all that out into a bowl. Next add just a little olive oil into the same pan and put in your eggs. I like to use 2 but you can use what you feel comfortable with. I give a stir with the spatula and let it cook, stir it up like scrambled eggs. I like to season the eggs based on the other ingredients. Like some days I might use a chili lime seasoning if I am planning on adding a little salsa at the end. Or perhaps a little garlic and oregano for an italian twist. All in all depending on how many eggs you put in you are looking at roughly 400 calories if you use 2 eggs and a half cup serving of rice.