5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin?

Options
Anyone ever try this before? Or heard of it?

It has me intrigued.

Former NFL Qb Tim Couch took it and said it turned his metabolism into a furnace and he couldn't eat enough to keep weight on.

Although I never trust the "too good to be true" statements, I have a friend who has it and swears by it. I do trust him, but I just had never heard of it and I want more opinions on it.

On a good note, the product my friend has was tested at the University of Arizona and passed, because there are many flase manufacturer of it and some bigger companies like USPLabs and BSN are touting they have it in upcoming supplements, but it's not exactly the same ingredient.

It's also a WADA approved supplement so pro-athletes and Olympians can use it.

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    nope sorry but subscribing for info :)

nothing on pub med re those 2 things together.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    nope sorry but subscribing for info :)

nothing on pub med re those 2 things together.

I really want to give it a shot.
    I don't think there is anything potentially dangerous, the worst case scenario is that it just doesn't do anything.

I just started a cut last week, and I have a bottle from my bud. So I think I will run a log on on it and post updates.
    According to my friend the biggest negative is availability of it.
    He is a supplement distributor and ex natural bodybuilder, so he hypes a lot of stuff but he also knows his stuff.
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    Is this a Ecdysterone analog?
  • Russellb97
    Options
    Is this a Ecdysterone analog?

No idea of what you just said.
    This is my first time trying something that was not just protein and creatine.

I will ask my friend, I'm sure he would know.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    pretty funny that when you google it, you pretty much just get posts from you mate :tongue:

There was some rather tech heavy stuff on it on bb.com or anabolicminds from memory. No doubt you've read that?
  • Cleo200
    Cleo200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Isnt this a bit like L Carnitine?
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    Isnt this a bit like L Carnitine?

No, Carnitine helps transport Fatty Acids into the Mitochondria.

This is something different.
  • Russellb97
    Options
    Read it, but there's a lack of testimonials. I was looking for someone logging it but I couldn't find anything.