Weighing in?

MB1967
MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Hi all,

I get weighed on a Friday evening.

just wondering if once a week is best or not? What do you lot do?

M.

Replies

• jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    i weigh once a week, always first thing saturday morning, always in my boxers!! gives me a constant benchmark!!
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Your weight fluctuates from day to day and throughout the day. Twice a week is good for me - Mondays and Fridays. Always in the morning, and always in my pj's. The scale lies, and a tape measure is accurate. :smile:
  • LaniBaby88
    LaniBaby88 Posts: 12
    I weigh in every Monday morning and it helps me keep on track if what I did last week worked for me or not. When I dont lose I think Hmm, ok I can take out this or that out and if I lose I say, Ok I got this and Im doing good :) It just depends on the person though because sometimes people get discouraged if they dont see a change in weight and give up and believe that they cant loose weight. But give it a try and if its not for you then do it once a month or twice a month :) Good Luck!!
  • westwick1
    westwick1 Posts: 44 Member
    I am terrible, I get on the scales every morning. I know this is the worst way to do it but it is such a hard habit to break. I only record my weight once or twice a week on here though.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    I stick to once a week, at the weekend on whichever morning I've not been drinking the night before!
  • BulkyBison
    BulkyBison Posts: 18 Member
    At the moment I'm neurotically weighting myself twice a day - But I think that's why I didn't lose anything last week. I think I was demotivated as I kept going up and down by a pound; I even weighed myself before getting in the shower and then again 45 minutes later and I'd gone down by a pound and a half after! I probably do expect too much too soon, so I think I'll restrict myself to maybe twice a week at most from now on.

Also for the ladies out there - do you weigh yourself when your having your TOM, or not? Do you find it gives inaccurate readings? I'm wondering if that's part of the problem too!
This discussion has been closed.