may be wrong to some but it make sense to me.

Options
2»

Replies

• vannie18
    vannie18 Posts: 55
    Options
    nit pick*

No seriously, I started to read the post with the intention of offering support, but I actually couldn't understand it because it had no flow. You don't have to use commas, you could just split it up.

Like this.

Would make it easier to read.

At least then I'd know where one sentence started and another one ended.

OMG, you really are very rude.

She's here for support and to let off steam, not grammatical lessons.

I hope you've managed to read my post ok?!

I agree.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    nit pick*

No seriously, I started to read the post with the intention of offering support, but I actually couldn't understand it because it had no flow. You don't have to use commas, you could just split it up.

Like this.

i use nick* because my name is NIKKI sorry if you do not like how i spell my name either since it a common name and spell different in many ways!!!!! Ive been doing it as a child just because my name is Nikki understood????????? joke my friends have used on me forever . keep your support sweetie dont want it i decline. i meet and work with people like you and trust me stuff like that did not and will not stand in my way i am a success regardless of some commas or by your standards. so please read some where else where you can understand better it the web I'm not writing a paper. and if it was you i would of never done anything like that to you or anyone else good thing my heart dances to a different drum than yours. and i wont cross words with you anymore but i will not be posting any personal posts anymore as well.

again thanks to those who have true intentions of offering a shoulder:flowerforyou:
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    190 lbs is a wonderful loss! Good for you for disreguarding the mean comments from people around you......and from silly posters on this site! (incorrect use of punctuation, I know)

I'm still a big girl, but I have people telling me that they think I am losing too fast. My comment to them is "My doctor says I am doing a wonderful job, but thank you for the concern!" I think that as long a medical professionals who know you and know your situation say you are fine, then it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks! Most people are unhappy with themselves and choose to pick on others......or NICK PICK (I think that is a great play on words.)
  • beach_chelle
    beach_chelle Posts: 221
    Options
    I commend you on your success and can only imagine how frustrating it must be to have such negative support in your life, constantly questioning your journey. From what I understand a lot of people are looking for a quick fix and don't want to hear about how you made the hard choice to say no, or to work your big butt off into a tiny butt.
    You look absolutly gorgeous and I wish you all the best on your new start and hope it brings you nothing but happiness!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    nit pick*

Like this.

you.

are.

mean.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    nit pick*

Like this.

you.

are.

mean.

So true, so true. (in regards to the 'you are mean' statement).

To the OP, amazing job!!!! :)
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I lost the majority of my wright about three years ago and it is really cool to have a few friends that didnt know the big Ang. I still have some people tell me I don't need to lose anymore but amazingly those people are the ones that new me big. It's hard for people to take in the big changes. Good luck on your move and your bee beginnings!
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    pinkmoon, your heart and soul always comes through in your posts, and your success is evident, and you have been a consistent and supportive MFP friend. So screw the punctuation. I'll take sincerity over grammar any day.
  • tcmc11
    tcmc11 Posts: 12
    Options
    I've been fat and I've been thin. One thing that always blew my mind was other people's reactions / responses to how MY body appeared. When I was "fat", everyone had to teach me "how to eat better". When I got thin, I was "too thin" --- just like how you're experiencing. The bottom line was that I started to think really hard about how the shape and size of MY body seemed SO IMPORTANT to OTHER PEOPLE!! AS IF IT WAS THEIR BUSINESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! First I'm too fat, then too thin, would I EVER be "just right"? And, obviously, I'm making everyone uncomfortable *somehow*.
    It made me think of all the starlets in hollywood who are focused on by the media "SHE'S TOO THIN!" "Oprah gains wait back" or whatever. All that constant gauging of OTHER PEOPLE'S WEIGHT -- especially WOMEN's weight -- is a way to keep women "in line" so to speak; it's a way to keep people "under control". You know, "don't get too big for your britches"-type stuff. "Don't get COCKY". Stay in your place (in the shadows). Don't claim your place in the sun (in fact, how DARE you? Who do you thnk you are anyway?).

see what i mean?

anyway--- the truth of the matter is that when you change yourself, other people are thrown off. Who cares! Throw 'em off!
    :)
  • luelue1971
    luelue1971 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. The fat life is over for you and you just want to forget that time of your life (where your weight is concerned). A fresh start sounds like just what you need.

You are an amazing inspiration. I'm in awe by what you have done.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've been fat and I've been thin. One thing that always blew my mind was other people's reactions / responses to how MY body appeared. When I was "fat", everyone had to teach me "how to eat better". When I got thin, I was "too thin" --- just like how you're experiencing. The bottom line was that I started to think really hard about how the shape and size of MY body seemed SO IMPORTANT to OTHER PEOPLE!! AS IF IT WAS THEIR BUSINESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! First I'm too fat, then too thin, would I EVER be "just right"? And, obviously, I'm making everyone uncomfortable *somehow*.
    It made me think of all the starlets in hollywood who are focused on by the media "SHE'S TOO THIN!" "Oprah gains wait back" or whatever. All that constant gauging of OTHER PEOPLE'S WEIGHT -- especially WOMEN's weight -- is a way to keep women "in line" so to speak; it's a way to keep people "under control". You know, "don't get too big for your britches"-type stuff. "Don't get COCKY". Stay in your place (in the shadows). Don't claim your place in the sun (in fact, how DARE you? Who do you thnk you are anyway?).

see what i mean?

anyway--- the truth of the matter is that when you change yourself, other people are thrown off. Who cares! Throw 'em off!
    :)

Perfectly stated! You have done a spectacular job, Nikki, and not many have the strength to accomplish what you have!!!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    thanks for the love guys!!!:smile: