Diabetics

Options
:This is the first time I have been on any kind of message board so bear with me. I'm new to MFP measured my waist today I'm a diabetic in denial but not anymore. I live Omaha NE 3 kids 24,21,17. Have to lose weight for health reasons. hope this will help me. any other diabetics out there that this has helped? Critchet

Replies

• Critchet
    Options
    :This is the first time I have been on any kind of message board so bear with me. I'm new to MFP measured my waist today I'm a diabetic in denial but not anymore. I live Omaha NE 3 kids 24,21,17. Have to lose weight for health reasons. hope this will help me. any other diabetics out there that this has helped? Critchet
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am not diabetic but my husband is. I have seen a few here that are diabetic. A friend of mine is on a carb counting type diet, did they want you to also try that?

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a diabetic also. I'll be more than happy to help and encourage you all I can. Hang in there, with some support and time, you'll be healthier than you ever imagined.
    Cowboy
  • ketch_ubetcha
    Options
    Critchet,

Welcome to the site. My mom and her whole side it diabetic, so I had to realize at some point and time that I need to work at my health. You will and can do it, as always with the right motivation. Good luck, if there is anything we can do on this site let everybody know.
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    in a profile it quoted alot from johns hopkins about diets. i have found that no diet ever works. we need to refer to this as a lifestyle change or new life style. eating healthy and exercise is not a diet its a lifestyle. well this is what i needed to tell myself for i have failed many diets. a new lifestyle a new me. thanks for the stats they were encouraging for a new lifestyle:smile:
  • Critchet
    Options
    To everyone that has enrcouraged me already, Thank U. I have a question for you diabetics. Did any of you go thru an extra long period of denial... (like a 1/1/2)
  • krkoon
    krkoon Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband found out recently he was diabetic. They caught it while he was trying to deploy with his unit to iraq. We're doing everything we can improve our lifestyles now. I wish you the best of luck with you health.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    For several months after I was diagnosed, I kept saying "maybe the tests were wrong", and yeah, just kept thinking that it wasn't true, then I got kind of depressed about it because I was having to eat so vastly differently and I thought that for the rest of my life I would never feel "full" or satisfied again. Needless to say, it was a bit of a rough start, but I finally decided that I could let it ruin my life or take control of it. I chose to take control of it and do the best I can.
    I've been there. It is tough and it is really hard for anyone who hasn't gone through it to understand, but hang in there...I'll help you in any way I can.
    Cowboy