Getting Started With Workouts + Andriod

Options
I downloaded the Amazon Appstore (GO GET IT) for Android. It is fantastic, to say the least. The best part about it was one of the apps that I ran across that I haven't seen before.

VirtuaGym!!

This is a GREAT app if you are trying to get a workout in, but you don't know where to get started. It has 'newbie', 'beginner' and 'advanced' workouts, which is nice when you are starting out. The next amazing part is that it has morning workouts ( 7 or 15 minutes), home workouts (20, 30, 40 minutes) that you don't need weights for, as well as gym workouts (40, 60, 80 minutes) that shows you which machines to use....All of these also tell you the amount of reps you should do.

My favorite part (that keeps me smiling) is the silly little virtual man that goes through every single exercise with you to show you how to do it properly.

I don't know about all of you, but this app has come in handy when I don't feel like a DVD or playing sports, but still get in a great workout.

Replies

• bigmoondogg
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Checking it out tonight!! :)
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've been wanting to sneak in some extra exercise in the morning and this sounds perfect! I'll check it out tonight!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Checking it out now :0
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think its neat. I never really had 'direction' when I went to the gym, so now, I feel like I know what Im doing (or I can look like I do :laugh: :laugh: ) when I get there and have some direction. It wont be straight to the elliptical for me :wink:
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I have been looking for an app like that!
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you for posting this!! I'm a newbie to gym workouts and want to add some muscle toning and building to my weight loss plan and I've been inside gyms and never have known how or what to work out. Thanks so much for posting this!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Great info! Checkin it out now! :glasses: