The scale is broken...I just know it! lol

Options
Normally I wouldn't be concerned and just let nature take it's course but I'm a little obsessed right now because in a week and a half, I get to see my husband who is deployed. Naturally I want to look my absolute best and have a goal in mind of two or three pounds by July 2. I've done a great job, I think, with working out and my eating; however, the scale has stalled out on one number. I didn't ever measure myself (but I started today). While my clothes are looser, I have no way of knowing if I'm still losing inches/weight or if they're loose from the weight I lost over the past month.

Am I doing something wrong? I eat really clean food, no processed, etc. I am working out daily doing a combo of strength and cardio; however, I am generally not eating my exercise calories. Should I be even if I'm not hungry?

Also, since I measured today, when should I remeasure again? Weekly, Bi weekly?

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Normally I wouldn't be concerned and just let nature take it's course but I'm a little obsessed right now because in a week and a half, I get to see my husband who is deployed. Naturally I want to look my absolute best and have a goal in mind of two or three pounds by July 2. I've done a great job, I think, with working out and my eating; however, the scale has stalled out on one number. I didn't ever measure myself (but I started today). While my clothes are looser, I have no way of knowing if I'm still losing inches/weight or if they're loose from the weight I lost over the past month.

Am I doing something wrong? I eat really clean food, no processed, etc. I am working out daily doing a combo of strength and cardio; however, I am generally not eating my exercise calories. Should I be even if I'm not hungry?

Also, since I measured today, when should I remeasure again? Weekly, Bi weekly?
    \

Hang in there, the scale didn't budge for me for 5 weeks, I hit a plateau, maybe you can change your workout routine.

As far as measurements, I do mine just once a month.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Your scale too...mine too.

On a positive note if your clothes are loose then who cares what the scale says it's probably muscle.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I thought this same thing! I even went so far as to find the receipt to return it!!! But I was just on a way too long plateau! Take your measurements, sometimes I don't see any drop in the numbers on the scale, but I see a loss in inches