VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
Delish!

Prep Time:15 min
Total Time:45 min

2 cans (10 fl oz/284 mL each) condensed chicken broth, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 cups chopped butternut squash (1/2-inch chunks)
1/2 cup instant white rice, uncooked 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 soup cans water
1 soup can milk
MIX 1 can of the chicken broth, the onion, carrot and celery in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Cook 5 to 10 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

STIR in squash, rice and nutmeg. Add remaining can of broth and the water. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 min. or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.

POUR soup in batches into blender container or food processor container fitted with steel blade; cover. Blend until pureed. Return to saucepan; stir in milk. Cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.

I haven't figured out the calories yet but I know it is super yummy from licking the spoon. I forgot the milk but it still tastes great so I guess it doesn't really need it but would be yummy with it too.

Replies

• VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Delish!

Prep Time:15 min
    Total Time:45 min

2 cans (10 fl oz/284 mL each) condensed chicken broth, divided
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 medium carrot, chopped
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    4 cups chopped butternut squash (1/2-inch chunks)
    1/2 cup instant white rice, uncooked 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
    2 soup cans water
    1 soup can milk
    MIX 1 can of the chicken broth, the onion, carrot and celery in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Cook 5 to 10 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

STIR in squash, rice and nutmeg. Add remaining can of broth and the water. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 min. or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.

POUR soup in batches into blender container or food processor container fitted with steel blade; cover. Blend until pureed. Return to saucepan; stir in milk. Cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.

I haven't figured out the calories yet but I know it is super yummy from licking the spoon. I forgot the milk but it still tastes great so I guess it doesn't really need it but would be yummy with it too.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for a Butternut Squash soup recipe this morning. I'm definitely going to try this!