Exhausted

stephr2014
stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Well I've never posted anything before,
So here it goes. I've been feeling exhausted and it seems like no matter how early I go to sleep sometimes, I still wake up tired. I've already had test done and everything came back normal but all the doctor did was give me a b12 shot. (this was about 6 months ago), Do you guys think its because I need to start taking vitamins? if so what do you guys recommend?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    How much are you eating during the day?
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Have you changed your activity level? or lowered your carb intake? I felt exhausted when I did. If not, maybe it's time to see your Dr. again.

Good luck!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    I take a B complex vitamin in the afternoon to relieve the afternoon slump. I dont know if that would help you or not. I also take a multi vitamin in the morning.
  • stephr2014
    Well i've been hitting my 1300 cal. mark latley since i've been doing the 17 day diet (low carb) except for yesterday when I got off track.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    And could you give us some more details - like are you exercising, do you sleep through the night or do you wake up a lot (could be sleep apnea and you might not even know it), what are you eating and when, what blood tests did you have done, such as thyroid and iron levels... inquiring minds want to know!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    I would say start with a multi vitamin. I would also recommend the following:

1. make sure you are eating enough, especially if you are exercising hard.
    2. Get at least your daily goal of water, if not more. (Dehydration can really make you feel tired.)
    3. Try to exercise in the morning. Sometimes exercising late in the evening makes it hard to fall asleep.

Good luck to you!!
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Good Luck:smile:
  • margypan
    margypan Posts: 28 Member
    I had the same issue, and it turns out I had a vitamin D deficiency. My levels were through the floor. My doctor put me on 2000 units a day, and my energy level has improved drastically along with my moods. But you can do damage to yourself by taking too much, so make sure you get your levels tested before taking a large amount of vitamin D.
  • stephr2014
    I've had blood work done for thyroid,iron levels, diabetes, and everything came back normal. Also I would like to work out in the morning if I could, but I have to be up at 4:20 a.m. monday through friday.
  • Did you have your B-12 levels tested? I was suffering from the same thing and thought it was low iron but it turned out to be very low B-12. Turned out my body stopped absorbing B-12 so after a series of shots, I am now getting my B-12 thru a nasal spray. The difference is staggering. I feel so much better and did not realize how dangerously low my B-12 had become.

Also, they say you need to get at least 7 1/2 - 9 hours sleep so I hope you are going to bed early with a 4:20 wake up call! I get up around 5 each mornign so I force myself to get to bed no later than 9:30 and that is hard but it makes all the difference.

Good luck!
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    I also felt like this for a while when I first started on here. I had just cut my calories too low and decreased my carbs too much. Once I started eating more and adding a bit more carbs into my diet, I started feeling better.
This discussion has been closed.