I feel amazing!.. then I look in the mirror :)

Options
13»

Replies

• melly196804
    melly196804 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, and I avoid mirrors at all cost. I was cleaning yesterday and arranging furniture and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I was like are you kidding me? I feel like an amazing super energetic individual and when I see myself, I am like "Oh my GOD I still look like a fat piece of #%&$!" that is why I try to avoid mirrors until I am really looking the way that I feel. I think a lot of us feel the same way.
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. And it really varies day to day... some days I think I look fantastic, and others I just can't stop thinking about all the things I hate about my body. I think I'm more critical of myself now than I was at my heaviest!
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    So I said to myself "dag I'm really doing this" And since I put put into action Romans 12:2 'Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind' I don't say those mean things to myself.

Awesome!!! Thank you! I should up the level of spiritual cleansing.. ive been really focused on the physical. :) Thank you!
  • melenheads
    Options
    I typed in the words 'feel better than I look' and found your post. Nice to know I am not the only one! Even though I have lost 23 lbs, my smallest clothes are now too big, I get compliments regularly about my progress, etc. I still go eeww when I look at progress photos. I feel better than I look and that can be really discouraging. But I just keep reminding myself why I am doing this (healthier lifestyle, getting stronger, more energy) and the little changes that ARE happening instead of focusing on what has not happened, yet. Patience! We will get 'there'!
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes. It will be a while before those good feelings on the inside start reflecting on the outside. Just don't get discouraged. It's hard for those of us who have a lot to lose, but we will get there. Just hold on to what you feel on the inside. Eventually, it will show like you want it to.

This exactly!! I'm only just now liking what I see in the mirror. I just took my profile pic today and it's the first full body shot I've allowed of myself in 4 years and I took it myself!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My mirror image looked like I weighed 170lbs back when I was 186lbs. This morning I weighed 143lbs, and in the mirror, I still see a 170lbs girl. If I look at details -- like the double chin no longer being there, or the collar bones now being visible, then I can see that I have lost weight. But my silhouette looks just as wide as it did before. I think it's definitely in my mind.

What's even weirder is when I go cloth shopping, THE CLOTHS LOOK BIGGER. I remember the first time I fit in an M shirt. I looked at it and said, "this is one HUGE medium. No wonder I fit." Well... it wasn't any bigger than all the other medium shirts.