Taking a nutrition class as one of my open electives this se

Options
Although it has nothing to do with my major, which is IT Sciences, I feel it will help me on my weight loss journey. I'm actually contemplating changing my major to Nutrition and getting certified as a Zumba instructor. First I want to lose more weight though because I'm not thinking I'll get many clients looking the way I do now. :noway:

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Unless you're planing to continue to get your masters as a registered dietician, most nutritionists don't make a ton of money. I think it's great that you're taking a nutrition course. My degree's in sports medicine so it was a required class for me (Funny, now I work in IT/software) It's amazing what misinformation people find online and in books and magazines. I hope you really enjoy the class. If you like Zumba, go ahead and get certified! It doesn't mean you have to teach right now. You could also get a certification in nutrition from AAFA or one of the other groups and get a job at a gym or a Zumba studio to help w/ school costs and as a side job when you graduate. Good luck!